If you have one of the Xtreamer media streamers then you will probably want to update the firmware to the latest released version which just came out – version 188.8.131.52.
It is very easy to update the firmware, and so I decided to do some more videos.
The first video shows how to update the firmware.
The second video is a quick look at some of the things that come with the update.
It was simple to update and I had no problems at all. There are a couple of nice features now such as being able to change the fan speed, but with the impending release of Tranquil PCs silent cooler it may not really matter.
There are still a few annoying little bugs like the remote control not being as responsive as it should be, and the picture not displaying in the correct folder, but hey, its not a big deal.
Go get it now!
Please download the file here:
http://gator884.hostgator.com/~xtreamer … .0.3.1.zip
1. If you downloaded a .RAR or .ZIP file, extract it using e.g. WinRAR
2. Copy your file (*.XTR) to a USB memory stick and connect it to the USB host port on your Xtreamer
3. Turn on your Xtreamer and navigate to the SYSTEM UPDATE option in the SETTINGS menu
4. Select the Firmware Upgrade option
5. Navigate to the USB memory attached to your Xtreamer containing the firmware update file Xtreamer_ver103.xtr
6. After the process is finished, you may want to do a RESTORE DEFAULT in the SETTINGS menu
184.108.40.206 Release notes
– Internet service fixed.
What’s new in 1.0.3 Xtreamer firmware:
1. Folder lock(Setup->System->Lock Control)
– Folder access control using password.
– Default password: 0000
2. NAS mode(Setup->System->Power Mode)
– Power Off: if press “Power” button, always power off
– NAS Mode: if press “power” button, go to NAS mode.
– Confirm Window: if press “power” button, appear pop up window for selection.
3. Cover.jpg/Folder.jpg support.
– If exist Cover.jpg/Foler.jpg inside folder, it will show that image in preview area when folder is selected.
– If there is no image with selected music file and cover.jpg/foler.jpg exist inside same folder, it will show that image in music jukebox area.
4. Subtitle font/outline color support.
– Basic color selection(White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta, Aqua, Purple, Gray, Black)
– Advance color selection(Manual select RGB 24 bits color support)
5. Time skip support during movie playback using navigation button.
– up: +3 minutes, down: -1minute, left: -10 seconds, +30 seconds
6. Display HDD/USB/NAS/UPnP/FTP/Wired/Wireless status in Home menu.
7. DDNS unregister option to remove DDNS.
8. Manual setting of Fan speed option added in Setup->MISC->Fan Speed->Manual.
– User can set Fan speed from 0~50.(0 for off)
9. Information window is 5 pixel down from top margin during video/photo playback
10. If there is no Foler.jpg/Cover.jpg then it will show any jpg file(from that folder) as preview.
11. “Home” key will not work during video/photo playback.
12. Manual fan speed setting in NAS mode application.
13. “Sync Subtitle” button function swap.(Right sync button: + sync, Left sync button: – sync)
14. Symbolic help is added in subtitle popup window.
15. OSD text updated.
16. NFS mount is possible if there is no HDD (internal or external) or USB drive.
– Media Library->NFS Shortcut menu added to browse NFS mounted directory.
– Media Library->NFS Shortcut will be disabled if there is no NFS mount.
– NFS mount option with USB drive/USB HDD removed.
17. Media Library->HDD will be disabled if there is no internal HDD.
18. Change index number in file browser.
– Upper folder index is 0. File or folder starts from index 1.
19. UPnP Server boost function replaced with NAS Mode and can be executed from web.
20. FTP server start/stop timing reduced and better access support
– Independent from UPnP Media Server in setup menu.
21. Korean channels added in Internet menu.
22. Remove My_Neighbors’ in NET item list.
23. If we set HDMI Audio off, after reboot HDMI Audio works again.
24. Delete key bug fix in wireless security key input window.
25. If folder is locked, jpg files inside that folder will not appear in preview window.
26. Incorrect functioning of “left”/”right” button in DVD navigation menu.
27. Too big space in subtitle text after some special character like: é and others.
28. Don’t asks for login option(if not logged in) while using exact file URL from remote location.
29. NFS share unmount/delete bug fixed
30. NFS handshake delay bug fixed.
31. Latin character incorrect display fixed.
32. System crash while entering USB device in file manager.
33. Backup/Restore/Reset functions support also for NFS and Live IP from setup of web.
34. Samba free disk space display bug fixed.
– It can show total free disk space of all device(internal/external HDD).
– Each device free disk space can’t support.
– Total size not supported yet.
35. Real audio(.ra) file removed from video category.
Comments are closed.