Sonos have just updated their System Software to version 3.6, bringing with it Android Tablet support and some new Spotify features.
Sonos Controller for Android™ now works on Android tablets
- Find and play any song, in any room, right from your favorite Android device (running 2.2 and higher) — with one free app.
- View your zones, music menu, now playing pane and volume controls all at once. Intelligently scales the screen layout to take advantage of larger screen size.
- Set alarms or sleep timer to wake up or fall asleep to your favorite music or station.
- Send tweets about what you’re listening to on Sonos.
- Access advanced Sonos system settings.
- Connects to Sonos over your home WiFi network.
- Download it for free from Android Market™.
- Available worldwide.
Two more languages: Danish and Norwegian
Now you can control Sonos in 11 languages: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Be the first to test out music services before they’re officially added to the Sonos Music Menu.
- Access Sonos Labs within More Music on your Sonos Controller. Click on any or all of the music services listed to enjoy them on Sonos.
- Remember these services are still in Beta so expect the unexpected.
- Provide feedback as you listen—the good and the bad—on the Sonos Labs Beta Feedback website* to help us improve the service.
*You must create a new account to submit feedback. After you log in, you will see a list of music services to choose from.
Spotify enhancements on Sonos
- Access your Inbox on Sonos and play music from Spotify’s new releases and top tracks.
- MOAPI enhancements for ratings, richer metadata, and error handling.
- Support for AAC+ music formats.
Updating couldn’t be easier
On the Sonos CONTROL and Sonos Controller for Mac or PC:
- Sonos will automatically notify you when an update is available
- Select Update Now and click OK
On the Sonos Controller for iPhone and iPad:
- The App Store will notify you when an update is available. Simply visit the App Store and install your system update
On the Sonos Controller for Android:
- Your Android device will notify you when an update is available. Simply click on the alert in the notification menu.
On the Sonos Controller 100:
- Tap the Music button on your Controller 100 and click on System Settings
- Select Online Updates and click OK
Here is what Sonos said:
Sonos, the leading manufacturer of wireless music systems, today announced Sonos System Software 3.6, an innovative update that adds more control and more music to the Sonos Wireless HiFi experience. This free software is available to all Sonos customers via a one button update to their system.
“Today’s feature update reaffirms our commitment to persistently innovate so that Sonos users continue to have the ultimate music experience in every room of the home,” said John MacFarlane, founder and CEO, Sonos, Inc. “Effortless control, endless music and constant innovation are what will keep us as the gold standard for listening out loud in the home.”
The free Sonos Controller for Android now supports Android tablets as well as smartphones, letting you control Sonos from your Android device of choice. With Sonos, you can stream all the music on earth wirelessly in every room, and now control it wirelessly on a larger screen with any Android tablet running 2.2 or higher including the HTC Flyer, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Sony Tablet S, and many others. Plus, Sonos Controller for Android includes new enhancements such as alarms, music library management and Twitter support for Android smartphones and tablets alike. Download it from Android Market.
With Sonos 3.6 software, Sonos is also introducing Sonos Labs, a new Beta environment where customers will be able to test out music services before they’re officially launched on Sonos. New music services will be added to Sonos Labs on an ongoing basis.
Sonos 3.6 also includes improved Spotify integration on Sonos, giving Spotify fans on Sonos access to their Spotify Inbox and ability to play music from Spotify’s new releases and top tracks.
Other features of Sonos 3.6 include:
- AAC+ codec support
- More local language support with Danish and Norwegian
Full details of Sonos 3.6 software can be found here: http://www.sonos.com/support/software_updates/