Today Iomega introduced a new hard drive aimed at Mac users called the Helium Portable Hard Drive.
Available in 500GB and 1TB capacities, the new Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive is formatted HFS+ for compatibility with Mac computers right out of the box. Unlike competing portable hard drives, the Helium Portable Hard Drive boasts both local and online backup, as well as encryption and anti-virus software:
- With a durable aluminum case, mobile users and others can take comfort in traveling with their Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive.
- 256-bit AES encryption keeps files on your Helium Portable Hard Drive safe from prying eyes.
- A comprehensive suite of Mac software that includes one free year of protected internet surfing.
The Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive requires no external power supply, and comes complete with one USB 2.0 cable.
Iomega Protection Suite, Mac Edition, Included
Owners of the new Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive receive a powerful suite of Mac-oriented software solutions bundled with their drive:
- Iomega® QuikProtect for simple scheduled file-level backup.
- MozyHome™ Online Backup for convenient online backup of up to 2GB free.
- A free 12-month subscription of Trend Smart Surfing for Mac allows users to shop, bank and surf online while staying safe from attacks to your identity and confidential information.
Availability and Warranty
The new Iomega® Helium Portable Hard Drive is available worldwide in two capacities: the 500GB model is $99.99, and the 1TB model is $149.99. (Pricing is U.S. suggested retail.) The Helium Portable Hard Drive is initially available at Apple retail stores and the Apple online store. Later this month, the product will be available from additional retailers, etailers and at www.iomega.com.
Both models of the Iomega Helium Portable Hard Drive include a three-year warranty with registration.
For more information about Iomega storage products, please go to www.iomega.com.