TiVo have just announced a Remote app for the Apple iPad for use with the TiVo Premiere.
Here is how TiVo describe the TiVo App for iPad:
The TiVo® App for iPad is a fun and FREE new companion for your TiVo box that lets you search, browse, discover and share without ever interrupting what you’re watching.
Now you can quickly surface new content, view guides, schedule and manage recordings, get recommendations, or investigate a particular actor’s entire resume—all using intuitive, gesture-based iPad interaction. It even enables you to post comments about a specific show or movie on your Twitter or Facebook page. It’s an innovative new way of interacting with your TiVo while you’re kicking back on the couch, or on the road.
It’s command central for your Premiere
- Browse full-screen program guide without interrupting playback
- Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass® recordings
- Start watching a show with the flick of a finger
- Browse your recorded shows and quickly launch a video on your TiVo Premiere
- Search across broadcast TV and TiVo’s premium broadband providers—like Netflix and Amazon Video On Demand—and see integrated results
- Explore cast and crew while watching a show
- Post about what you’re watching on your Facebook page or Twitter account
- Intuitive-gesture based remote control or classic TiVo remote interface
- Manage Season Pass recordings and the To-Do List
- Schedule, Search and Browse for shows while you’re out of the house
Below is a video showing the TiVo App for iPad in action:
Unfortunately we don’t have TiVo in the UK so this is once again for our US friends only.
To learn more, visit the TiVo website.