SageTV V7.0.22 Release Candidate 6 is now out – and according to Sage this should be the last one before the final release.
Only a few weeks ago saw the release of the rather confusingly numbered V7.0.19/20 Release Candidate 3/4.
So what is SageTV (in case you haven’t heard of it)?
SageTV lets you enjoy your favourite TV shows and online video when you want, wherever you want on any TV, PC or Mac!
Browse, search and watch all the latest online video from Google Video from the comfort of your couch with SageTV Media Center V6.
Enjoy the most popular online videos, news, movie trailers, TV shows, comedy, music videos and more at the push of a button on your remote control.
Here is what Sage says:
SageTV V7.0.22 RC6 10/28/2010
1. Added support for BDMV folders that use 8.3 filenames inside of them
2. Updated SageTV Manual for Version 7
3. Fix: subtitle detected wrong on a recording in TS format.
1. When HD Audio Output is disabled for Windows playback, then select the audio decoders based off AC3/DTS format instead of TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA format.
2. Fixed bug where embedded VobSub subtitles would show up by default in the Placeshifter or if using SageTVPlayer
3. Fixed bug when sometimes changes in the desktop size on Windows don’t reflect themselves properly in the SageTV UI
4. Fixed bug on Windows 7 with Full Screen Exclusive mode where it wouldn’t enable itself properly on the first time full screen was entered unless disable_fse_on_focus_lost=false was set
5. Fixed bug on Windows where playback of .dts audio files wouldn’t go to the next file automatically after they ended.
6. Reset trial period on SageTV Media Center and SageTVClient for Windows
7. FIX: DTS-HD and DTS-HD Master blueray playing problem with AC3 Filter.
8. Fix: the VC1 crash w/ BD playback
9. Fix: DVB channel scan crash bug when there is duplicated channel.
10. Fix: EPG scan crash caused by buffer overrun (a bad RTT packet).
11. Fix: data time saving (DTS) making a negative hour in EPG.
12. Fix: QAM tuner fails channel sacn, the tuner is always show up as ATSC.
1. Fix: the clean up buffer in driver problem, the idea was given by Andrew Gallation. when switching channel, there are data left in driver buffer confusing parser to make a trouble sometime. there isn’t an API in Linux DVB to accomplish buffer clean-up, Andrew gave a trick way here.
1. Fixed bug where embedded VobSub subtitles would show up by default in the Placeshifter or if using SageTVPlayer
2. Fixed bug where on audio-only TV channels we drew a white background in place of the video instead of a black background for placeshifter and extender clients
3. Fixed bug in Windows Placeshifter when used on a LAN w/ animations enabled and there was UI composited on top of video, the blending would not be done properly
1. Fixed bug where on audio-only TV channels we drew a white background in place of the video instead of a black background for placeshifter and extender clients
2. Fixed bug in placeshifter/extender image copying where sometimes it would copy an extra line that was outside of the image bounds
3. Fix for issue on some DVDs that utilize the ‘random’ function in the DVD VM
4. Fix for issue on some DVDs that have button highlight information appearing in the main movie stream erroneously
1. Added “MPC – Video decoder” as a known option for H.264 and VC-1 video decoders.
2. Added “CyberLink VC-1 Decoder (PDVD8)” as a known option for VC-1 video decoders.
3. When copying a lineup to a separately configurable lineup for a tuner, skip copying the physical channel remaps if the tuners don’t all have the same Digital TV Tuner status.
4. In options dialog shown after selecting a music playlist, don’t offer option to browse the group.
5. Fixed improper wrapping of movie year shown after movie title in some places.
6. Added Detailed Setup -> Video/Audio options for VC1 Video Decoder Filter and HD Audio Decoder Filter.
You can read more on their forum here.
Here’s the download links for V7.0.22:
SageTV for Windows
SageTVClient for Windows
SageTVPlaceshifter for Windows
SageTV for Windows Home Server
SageTV Media Center for Linux
SageTV Placeshifter for Linux
SageTV Media Center for Linux – Debian Package Installer
SageTV Placeshifter for Linux – Debian Package Installer
Tell us what you think.