With all the WHS Vail news this week, the fact that Twonky has released an update to their TwonkyMedia Server slipped through the net.
A few weeks ago, we reported that Twonky had released a beta edition of their TwonkyMedia Server version 6 : http://moviesgamesandtech.com/2010/04/25/twonky-release-twonkymedia-server-6-0-beta/
Well, last week, Twonky released an update to its current version, now at version 5.1.4.
So, what is included in this release:
Release notes for TMS 5.1.4
– fixed: Windows 7 is requesting a driver installation for Twonky
– fixed: Twonky prevents NAS from going into sleep mode
– fixed: Crashes when sharing 3gp content
– fixed: File-scanner statistics not working
– fixed: DLNA certification fails when upload is disabled
– fixed: MKV support broken for Samsung TV
– fixed: Database is rebuilt whenever TMS is restarted
– fixed: Server generates continuous disk accesses, preventing the HD entering sleep mode
To download TMS 5.1.4. for Windows Home Server, click here: Windows Home Server Setup
If you have an HP MediaSmart Server then you will have to wait until HP release the update for your MediaSmart server, but everyone else can use this one now.