The word “premium” gets thrown around a lot these days. Subsequently, if it has a nice finish or one supreme element, it’s classed as premium. I, on the other hand, am not that easy. For me to accept this label requires much, much more. Therefore, when I was given the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds, I was a little dubious. I thought, will they live up to the hype, or will I be disappointed?
Well, let’s start with this. EPOS has received the accolade of “Tech Advisor, Best Buy 2022″. This is a bold statement from a big and respected website. Consequently, I was a little more reassured, and I couldn’t wait to see what all the fuss was about. At first glance, the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds scream high-quality! The packaging is sophisticated, the earbuds look stylish, and everything feels right. Though I hadn’t turned them on, I knew I was in for something special.
What is in the box of the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds?
- This premium device is elegantly packaged. With sultry colours and contrasting tones, it looks inviting. Furthermore, its compact design stores the contents safely. Sadly, though, most of it can’t be recycled, and this was disappointing.
- The EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds. With a sleek design and brushed metal finish, they are classy and functional. What’s more, they use two convenient connection methods for a truly user-friendly approach.
- Charging case. This compact and robust case securely houses the earbuds. With a USB-C port, connectivity switch, and helpful LEDs, it ticks every box.
- USB-C dongle. This USB-C aptX low latency dongle allows you to connect to any compatible device.
- Two USB charging cables. These short rubberised cables are used to charge the dongle and the case. One has a USB-C female port, the other a USB-C male port.
- Spare silicone ear tips. Every ear is different and EPOS caters to this. With 4 unique sizes, your earbuds will feel snug and comfortable.
- USB dongle cover. Keep that dongle safe with this rubberised case. With a helpful string loop, it can be attached to your phone with ease.
- User manuals. A simple guide in multiple languages to explain the fundamentals.
Earbuds need to be functional, comfortable and offer amazing sound. Now, I’ve reviewed plenty of these accessories, and the best I’ve found is the ROCCAT Syn Buds Air. However, the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds reign supreme! With exceptional bass, a cracking range of tones, excellent functionality, and amazing battery life, these are absolutely breathtaking.
|Compatability||Bluetooth devices, PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4/5|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 5.1 and USB aptX low-latency dongle|
|Battery life||Earbuds – 5 hours. Charging case – 15 hours|
|Settings||Customised using EPOS gaming suite for PC|
|Rating||IPX 5 water and sweat resistant|
Where to start?
A full charge offers 5 hours of crystal clear sound. However, the charging case extends this well over 20 hours. This is somewhat further reduced if you use the USB dongle. But this mattered not, as the sacrifice was well worth it. On top of this, the quick-charge facility ensures you rarely run out of juice.
Versatility is the name of the game. Thankfully, the Bluetooth 5.1 connection and the low-latency aptX dongle enhance your audio options. Designed for use with any compatible Bluetooth device, or with PS4/PS5, PC, or Nintendo Switch, you are spoiled for choice. Furthermore, the lag-free audio and closed acoustic design create an immersive atmosphere.
If you game, you are likely to be pretty social. Consequently, a great quality microphone is a must. Luckily, the dual microphones deliver acoustic clarity at all times. Furthermore, you won’t suffer from horrible feedback and echoed sounds.
Are the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds worth it?
Priced at £129.99, you may think that’s pricey. However, I think it’s fantastic value for money. Yes, the ROCCAT Syn Buds Air are cheaper, but these earbuds offer a whole different experience. With noise isolating technology and an impressive range of tones, the audio is second to none. The highs are incredible, the mids well-balanced, and the bass is meaty and rich. Accordingly, your gaming will never be the same again.
Then, there is the lightweight and ergonomic design. These have to be some of the most comfortable earbuds I’ve ever worn! What’s more, I never worried about them falling from my ears. This is something I rarely encounter, as many are ill-fitting or too heavy.
The sound and build quality are out of this world. Yet, I was most impressed by their user-friendly approach. No matter which connectivity route you chose, they were both remarkably easy to navigate. In under a minute, you are set up and ready to roll. Whether it was music or gaming, the crystal clear sound was just at your fingertips.
The simplicity was fantastic, but if you like to tweak the settings you can. By installing the EPOS Gaming suite, you can customise recording and playback EQ. Adjust the gain, noise gate levels, reverb, and toggle between 7.1 surround sound and 2.0 stereo with the headphones attached.
Summary for the EPOS GTW 270 Hybrid gaming earbuds.
If you are in the market for an amazing set of earbuds, then look no further. Yes, they have a premium price tag, but you pay for what you get. There are cheaper alternatives, but they don’t match the functionality or quality. I loved them and I recommend you to buy them here!
(More information on EPOS can be found here!)