LEGO have just released a Sonic the Hedgehog – Green Hill Zone Ideas set, and this is definitely one for both LEGO and Sonic fans alike.
Conceived by 24-year-old, UK based LEGO superfan Viv Grannell, through the LEGO Ideas platform, this new analogue version of the Green Hill Zone gives fans the chance to build and display a piece of gaming history.
Sonic the Hedgehog™ blasted onto the screens of gamers worldwide in 1991, racing to grab gold rings as he ran through the first level of the game — the now-iconic Green Hill Zone — a bright-green landscape with a look inspired by the California hills. Sonic has kept up the tradition of featuring the much-loved Green Hill Zone in many new versions of the game over the past 30 years — and now the zone can be tackled in a new way; a “real life” LEGO version.
Lots of fun details and easter eggs have been incorporated into 1,125-piece set including five minifigures – an updated version of Sonic, Crabmeat, Moto Bug, Dr. Eggman and the Phantom Ruby. Also included are 10 boxes of golden-coloured Rings and a Technic lever to spring Sonic and friends into the air. And just like in the game, you can earn a gem reward as you build the set! This fun-filled LEGO build results in a dynamic display set or one that can be played with by any Sonic or LEGO fan for years to come.
- Age – 18+
- Model measures:
- Height: 17cm/7”
- Width: 36cm / 14”
- Depth: 6cm / 2.5”
- 1125 pieces
- The latest LEGO x SEGA set, which features:
- 5 minifigures, including a new version of Sonic and also Crab, Motobug, Dr. Eggman, and Phantom Ruby
- 10 ring boxes
- Modular build, which can be linked to other architecture sets
- Interactive elements and easter eggs, such as:
- A Technic lever on the spring module to launch Sonic and his friends into the air
- Sit Dr Eggman inside the Egg Robot
- Just like in the game – get a gem reward as you build the set
- Super speed and shied TV screens also included
- Price: £59.99