Xbox One is the Best Place for Games, From AAA to Indies
Microsoft’s Independent Developers @ Xbox (ID@Xbox) program will make Xbox One home to the best and broadest selection of games, with an ever-expanding portfolio of innovative titles.
Xbox is committed to helping independent developers bring great new games to Xbox One, where every game will be easy to find in the new Xbox One Store – whether it’s the biggest blockbuster from a team of hundreds, or a creative new title from an individual.
New features for Xbox One will bring games to the forefront, no matter who they are developed by:
- Trending will show what your friends and the community are playing
- Recommendations will highlight new games you may like, based on what you like to play
- Spotlight will showcase Editor Picks for great games across the entire store
- With Game DVR and Upload, gamers can instantly capture their favourite moments and edit and share them with their friends around the world
- Achievements and Challenges enable developers and the community to create special events out of games
The ID@Xbox program will offer game developers the same great benefits that existing Xbox developers have today, including the full power of the console, cloud services, Kinect and the Xbox Live toolset such as Xbox SmartGlass, multiplayer, Achievements, Gamerscore and more. A global support team, forums and local events will provide education and assistance to foster creativity and help developers with getting their games published on Xbox One quickly and easily.
Applications for the first phase of the Independent Developers @ Xbox program are accepted starting today. For more information on ID@Xbox and how to apply, visit: www.xbox.com/id.
Xbox One Announces Fable Legends and Cobalt as well as Blockbuster Launch Line-up
Microsoft Studios debuted a brand-new exclusive for Xbox One: Fable Legends from Lionhead Studios. With the next-generation capabilities of Xbox One, Fable Legends brings you back to Albion like never before. For the first time, up to four heroes can co-operatively play and explore, or even play as the villain and mastermind the entire game in real time.
Also coming to Xbox One is award-winning Mojang’s highly anticipated Cobalt, an action-packed platform shooter, which features a multiplayer mode with up to eight players that lets you punch rockets and deflect bullets to win the day.
In addition, Microsoft unveiled the full list of Xbox One launch titles at gamescom, which includes the industry’s biggest blockbusters and most highly-anticipated exclusives. On launch day, fans will be able to enjoy titles from a diverse range of global developers and renowned studios, including:
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
- NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
- Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Forza Motorsport 5 Debuts Groundbreaking Physics Engine and All-new Tracks
Turn 10 Studios revealed a brand-new playable Forza Motorsport 5 experience featuring the debut of an all-new next-generation physics engine. The team at Turn 10 Studios worked closely with partners at Calspan – the leading tire technology organisation in the world – to develop a completely new tire simulation. Including improvements in tires, aerodynamics and suspension modelling, the Forza Motorsport 5 physics engine was not possible using last-generation hardware. For the player, this means a new level of responsiveness and fidelity for all cars, and a new level of immersion and challenge each time they race.
Turn 10 Studios also unveiled two new tracks for Forza Motorsport 5; arriving all-new to the series, the legendary Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps and the American circuit Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Nestled in the Ardennes countryside of Belgium, the 4.3-mile Spa track is home to legendary corners like “La Source” and “Eau Rouge” and has been one of the most requested tracks from fans of the Forza series. Laser-scanned and meticulously recreated at 1080p and 60fps, Spa makes its franchise debut in Forza Motorsport 5. Located in central California, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is home to “The Corkscrew.” Famous for its staggering drop in elevation, it has become an institution in American racing, known for its busy racing calendar, including the American Le Mans Series as well as the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion.