The ITV Player app for the iPhone and iPad has been updated to version 2.0.
ITV Player on iOS is ITV’s new video catch-up service for mobile and tablet devices. This is the first iOS application that allows you to view ITV programmes on your handset – we hope you enjoy using it and would love to hear your feedback as we enhance the application.
You can watch all ITV programmes that we have the rights to show on mobile, for up to seven days after broadcast.
– Works on your iOS mobile and tablet devices – iPhone and iPad
– Requires a WiFi connection to play programmes
– Catch up on programmes from ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4
– Free to download with unlimited usage
– Browse recommended programmes
– Search for programmes by channel or alphabetically
– Navigate using portrait or landscape orientation
To use this application you need a mobile phone or tablet device that runs iOS 4.3 and is connected to wireless internet.
You must be in the UK to view our programmes. People in some regions will be restricted to only viewing ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4 programmes. For more information, please see our support pages.
When you first use the app, we give you the option to submit your email address. This is so we can keep you informed about improvements and other exciting developments at ITV. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link in the welcome email that you will receive.
What’s New in Version 2.0
ITV Player for iOS v2.0 brings you:
– Live Channels
You can now access ITV1 and ITV2 Live streams, over both Wifi and 3G.
– Live Events
When we have an event that isn’t on ITV1 or 2, we’ll provide an extra stream so you can enjoy our broadcasts on your iOS device.
– AirPlay Mirroring support
You can now connect to an Apple TV via AirPlay mirroring, using iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and New iPad, and enjoy ITV content in full screen on your TV – just make sure you’re running iOS5.
– Content switching within the Player
So you no longer have to close the Player if you want to browse other ITV content, we’ve enabled content switching within the video player. You can switch between Live Channels and our Most Watched selection with more options to follow in our next release.
– Improvements to our location services and postcode journey – we’ve read your feedback about not receiving ITV1, so we’ve improved our messaging on why this is occurring.
We use a GPS check or postcode input to determine where you are and therefore what channels we can give you. If you’re not in an ITV1 region, or you don’t enable GPS or input a postcode, we can’t provide you ITV1 content.
– Retina graphics for users with the New iPad