You may be asking why would we review a pen? Well, before iPads, and Ultrabooks, those of us old enough to remember such things used to use something called a pen to use with our notebooks. In fact, you could say that was the ultimate bit of technology then, and now Parker has taken that to the next level with their new Ingenuity Pen.
The Parker Ingenuity collection was created for exclusive use Parker 5th Technology.
This is what Parker say about the 5th Technology:
An innovative new writing system from Parker is set to revolutionise how we feel about writing. The innovation consists of a cutting-edge refill tip and an engraved metallic hood – together they constitute Parker 5TH Technology, the next generation in pens.
The Parker 5TH Technology – so named as it offers a genuine fifth way of writing, following decades of fine writing being led by the fountain pen, ball point, roller ball and the mechanical pencil – was born out of extensive research into consumers’ needs. Today PARKER presents a single pen that answers these expectations combining ease, a soft writing feel and a stylish, high-end design. This new innovation provides an unparalleled writing experience producing pleasurable and beautiful penmanship while being the perfect pen that can travel with you anywhere.
- A Smart Glide Tip rapidly adjusts to your personal writing style after writing just a few words
- A simple and clean refill process
- The Ink is designed to produce an intense, clear rendering and prevent hand-smudging on the page
- The Parker 5th refill design eliminates pressure, impact and temperature-induced ink leaks
- Refill tip is design to maximise cap-off time
- Available in Fine or Medium size and in Black or Blue ink
What’s in the box?
The gift box is very elegant and when you lift the lid you find the pen sitting firmly in place waiting for you to pick it up and start using it.
Along with the pen is the initial refill (the pen ships with a dummy refill in place) and some paperwork.
A Closer Look
The pen is beautiful, and when you first take off the top you would think it’s a fountain pen, which of course it isn’t.