Preview the next version of Windows Embedded Standard – a componentized version of Windows 8 with additional technologies that extend the power of Windows to Intelligent devices.
Windows Embedded Standard 8 enables OEMs to build differentiated devices that address the specialized needs of their enterprise customers.
Devices powered by Windows Embedded Standard 8 are the foundation for Intelligent Systems enabling new insights, productivity and opportunities to create lasting competitive advantage. We’re making it easier than ever for devices to extend enterprise business intelligence with improved device management, servicing and data connectivity.
Key benefits of the CTP include:
- Create modern, fresh user experiences with Metro style applications and touch interactions from Windows 8.
- Compete more efficiently by taking advantage of the scale provided by the Windows 8 hardware ecosystem.
- Meet hardware bill-of-materials targets. Select the software components you need to create custom OS images for your devices.
- Use the enhanced security and lockdown features to protect your device, data, and network. Deliver extended mobility with new power management and wireless technologies in Windows 8 that keep your devices connected, no matter what they’re doing. Deliver stunning Web experiences with HTML5 support in Internet Explorer 10.
- The connectivity options you want, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, mobile and USB 3. Near-Field Communication support enables an entirely new, easy way to exchange data with users.
- The intuitive interface allows users to easily interact with tap-to-pay vending machines or download manuals from a service kiosk.
Learn more and download from here.