Here at UWHS we are big fans of the Parrot AR Drone. Now there is some software that enables you to control the Drone with joysticks, gamepads and controllers. Its call Drone Station.
Drone Station is a Mac OS X compatible application for remote control of the Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter over a Wi-Fi connection. Drone Station allows customers to use a variety of commonly available joysticks, gamepads, and controllers to control their drone.
Summary of features:
* Compatible with AR.Drone firmware 1.5.1
* Real time video recording from front and bottom AR.Drone cameras
* Image capture from front and bottom AR.Drone cameras
* Extended range by use of external USB Wi-Fi dongles and antennas
* Animated configuration screen, allows you to see the effects of changes
* Simple drone simulator control check lets you practice your controls before flight
* On screen, animated attitude, altitude, directional, and battery gauges
* Quick Reference Guide
And below is the video we took at CES in January 2010: