Whilst we are waiting for Microsoft to release the Xbox Companion app, here are the instructions on how to install it, just so you are prepared!
The Xbox Companion allows you to use your phone to find and play content on your Xbox 360 console. Use the app to browse items in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. When you find a video that you want to watch, tap the Play button on your phone and the content will start playing on your console.
To install the Xbox Companion app, you need:
- A Windows Phone with Windows Phone 7.5 software
Note You must be signed into your Windows Phone and your console using the same Windows Live ID
How to install the Xbox Companion app
- On your Windows Phone, tap Marketplace.
- Browse or search for Xbox Companion.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Xbox Companion app.
Set the Xbox Companion to Available on your console. Here’s how:
- From Xbox Home, go to Settings and then select System.
- Select Console Settings.
- Select Xbox Companion.
- Select Available.
- Return to Xbox Home.
Start the Xbox Companion app
- On your Windows Phone, tap Games.
- Tap Xbox Companion.
Your Windows Phone connects to your Xbox 360 console.