Version 1.50 of Snoop-de-dupe has been released for Windows Home Server 2011 and Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.
What is Snoop-de-dupe?
Keep your server’s storage space optimized! Snoop-de-dupe will automatically scan your server storage and display duplicate files in an easy-to-view layout directly within the server’s user Console. Once snoop-de-dupe locates duplicate files then you can respond to them as you choose. You can delete the duplicate files, ignore/keep the duplicate files, or replace the duplicate files with a hard-link (available in WHS/SBS 2011 only). You will be in command of your server storage space like never before!
- Enhanced database design for better handling of larger file sets (100,000+ files)
- Allow automatic exclude of files based on file size (minimum and maximum)
- Allow automatic exclude of files based on file attributes (hidden, system, read-only)
- Added a progress dialog to the Batch Resolve dialog to better communicate operation status during lengthy deletion and hard-link operations
Added a new "reclaimed data" field to easily view the amount (file count and file size) of estimated reclaimed data (from delete and hard-link operations) directly within the Add-in
- Limit the number of duplicate files in the main duplicate list to 20. Larger duplicate lists could make the Dashboard appear frozen for some time
- View remaining trial days directly within the Add-in
- Minor bug and usability issues
Existing Snoop-de-dupe users can download the new version directly from the WHS Dashboard (from the Snoop-de-dupe tab select | More Settings | Check for Software Update)
A 15 day free trial is available http://www.snoopdedupe.com/trial.html
Why do I see a WHS v1 screen capture when it’s a WHS2011 addin ?
Sorry John, there is also a V1 version, but I have now updated the screenshot 🙂
Comments are closed.