Last week we told you that Parallels 7 was released. We also mentioned the iOS app. Now it’s out and we can tell you more!
Access and use your Mac applications and Windows programs running in Parallels Desktop for Mac while you’re on the go. Parallels Mobile is all new! (Access to Mac applications requires Parallels Desktop 7.)
Parallels Mobile allows you to remotely access all the applications on your Mac – both Mac applications and Windows programs – from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Parallels Mobile lets you:
– Use any of your Windows applications, from Internet Explorer to Outlook
– Remotely start, stop any of your applications.
– Stay connected via WiFi or 3G networks
– Control your Mac just like you control Windows (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
– Play back music and audio files remotely – see and hear Flash video on your iPad or iPhone (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
– Copy and paste text between your mobile device and Windows programs (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
– Requires Parallels Desktop for Mac, version 6 or 7 (registered copy) and at least one virtual machine with Parallels Tools installed.
– In Parallels Desktop, choose Parallels Desktop > Preferences, click Mobile, and log in to your Parallels account using the email you provided during registration.
– Your Mac should be powered on.
– Download Parallels Mobile and install it on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
– Open Parallels Mobile and log in to your Parallels account using the email and password you used to register your copy of Parallels Desktop.
– Your Mac will appear in the list of available Macs. Click it to access your Windows or other OSs.
IMPORTANT: Before using Parallels Mobile, make sure you have registered your copy of Parallels Desktop and logged in to your Parallels account using Preferences > Mobile. Remember that to be able to connect to your Mac using Parallels Mobile, your Mac should be powered on.
– This version is compatible with Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac (build 12094 or later) and Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac.
– Windows 7 Aero is not supported.
– The performance of video, 3D graphics applications, and games can be slow depending on your connection; in rare cases, no image will be displayed.
– International keyboard layouts are supported for Windows operating systems only.
Special introductory price of $4.99 for a limited time! Standard price will be $19.99, and it’s available now in the App Store.