Motorola has announced the availability of Android 3.1 for Motorola XOOM in the UK – the over the air update is now rolling out. The update provides exciting enhancements to enable users to get more from their Motorola XOOM and makes it even easier to create a PC-like environment for business users.
Together with the 3.1 update, Motorola is activating the SD card slot. This gives users more flexibility in managing storage and the ability to expand the memory of their Motorola XOOM up to 64GB with the addition of a 32GB SD card.
Key highlights for Android 3.1 include:
· Improved multi-tasking providing instant visual access to a larger number of applications
· Resizable home screen widgets which can be expanded horizontally and/or vertically to include more content,
· Both keyboard and mouse support, which allows simultaneous input for devices over USB and/or Bluetooth® (in any combination)
· Picture transfer directly from camera, so users can connect their cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
· Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
· New high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
· Preloaded Adobe® Flash® Player, as well as File Manager.