Last week Kingston announced the Wi-Drive, which is a wireless, portable storage system for Apple devices, such as the iPad and the iPhone.
Wi-Drive, a wireless, portable storage solution, allows users to expand the number of documents, images, music and video files they can access from Apple devices, including Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The combination of this storage expansion, file sharing and a rugged portable form factor makes it a perfect companion device.
Wi-Drive, along with its app from the App Store SM, allows users to stream videos, access music or share files with other Apple device owners. The distinctively designed, pocket-sized Wi-Drive utilises Flash-based technology to store data from USB-compatible PCs. These files are then easily retrieved via Wi-Drive’s built-in wireless signal without requiring cables or an Internet connection. Three users can work simultaneously with different file types from a single Wi-Drive without any performance disruption.
With integrated Wi-Fi and four hours of battery life, accessing or sharing your personal media has never been easier. With Wi-Drive, you can add another 16GB or 32GB of space accessed wirelessly from your digital device and the content can even be shared with two other people so you are no longer limited to the space available within your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Kingston offers Wi-Drive in both 16GB and 32GB sizes and the product will be available from August 1st 2011.
Kingston Wi-Drive Features and Specifications:
· Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB
· Dimensions: 121.5mm x 61.8mm x 9.8mm
· Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
· Storage Temperature: 14°F to 185°F (-10°C to 70°C)
· Wireless Network Interface: Wi-Fi 802.11g/n with wireless security (WPA/WEP)
· Rechargeable Battery: up to four hours of continuous use
· Cable: Mini-USB to USB cable included. User can upload files and content from their PC/Mac to the Wi-Drive using the USB cable
· Portable: Uses Flash-based technology for durability and reliability
· Convenient: pocket-sized for easy transportability
· Simple: just plug into a USB port
· Guaranteed: one-year warranty
· App: downloadable at Apple’s App Store
· Compatible with: iPad, iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPod touch (3G is limited to iOS 4.2.1+)
· Configurable APN (access point name) and Key functions to connect to Wireless Access Point (Internet Connection)
· Supported File Formats:
· Audio: AAC, MP3, WAV
· Video: m4v, mp4, mov, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), AVI
· Image: jpg, bmp, tiff
· Document: pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, xls
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
|Part Number||Capacity and Features||MSRP (excl VAT)|