Last week, Kingston Digital launched its fastest USB 3.0 flash drive – the DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash Drive.
- Allows users to transfer data faster than standard USB 2.0
- Second generation solution offers higher performance
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
Sunbury-on-Thames – May 18th 2011 — Kingston Digital Europe Ltd, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the Kingston DataTraveler® Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2 (G2). Kingston’s fastest USB Flash drive uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management and is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, making it ideal for IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology right away. The new DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 has a read speed of up to100MB/s, and a write speed of up to70 MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB/s.
“Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market,” says Jim Selby, EMEA Product Marketing Manager, Kingston Technology. “The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard, as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance, are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology.”
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash drive is the perfect solution for easily storing and quickly transferring large documents, hi-res photos and HD video. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0**. The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 Features and Specifications:
- Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
- Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0
- Speed**: When plugged into a USB 3.0 system: up to 100MB/s read and 70MB/s write; when plugged into a USB 2.0 system: maximum specification performance (around 30MB/s read and write)
- Dimensions: 2.90″ x 0.87″ x 0.63″ (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
- Warranty: 5 Years
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2
|Part Number||Capacity and Features||MSRP (ex VAT)|
|DTU30G2/16GB||16GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash Drive||£40.10|
|DTU30G2/32GB||32GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash Drive||£60.15|
|DTU30G2/64GB||64GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash Drive||£110.70|
Having high speed, high capacity USB flash drives is becoming more and more of a necessity every day. I know for me personally that not a day goes by when I don’t use one!
Look out for the UWHS review shortly.For more information check out the Kingston Digital website