With a release date of 07/18/11, you can now preorder the SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME 6CC for $499.99. This new six tuner CableCARD tuner would compliment any HTPC system that currently uses cable and Windows Media Center.
Six tuners may seem like overkill, but for those of you with multiple PCs in the house, six may be the right number!
Six Tuners? Really?
Say it is Monday night and you are watching football on the desktop (tuner 1) and your wife is watching Castle (tuner 2) on the laptop. You kids are watching Disney (tuner 3) over Xbox as an extender to the HTPC that is recording Muscle Car and Star Gate Universe (tuners 4 and 5). See how the tuners can add up quickly?
SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME 6CC
The tuner is at Newegg:
If you want to know more about the SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME 6CC then you can heck out it out at SiliconDust.
Directly from SiliconDust:
Six Digital Tuners, Anywhere on Your Network
- Home-theater form factor… add 6 premium cable-TV tuners to your home theater system.
- Premium cable TV (CableCARD).
- Watch TV from any computer on your network.
- Record full 1080i broadcast resolution.
- Watch, Pause, Record, & Rewind Live TV.
- Schedule and record all your favorite TV shows.
- Expand with multiple HDHomeRun devices.
- US digital cable TV
Windows 7 Windows Media Center:
- Record all your favorite TV shows by name.
- Schedule future or season recordings.
- Integrated TV guide.
- Never miss your favorite show.
- Windows Media Center on Windows 7
- Based on two 3-tuner HDHomeRun PRIME units
- 17″ home-theater form factor
- US Digital Cable
- M-Card CableCARD interface (x2)
- USB Tuning Resolver interface (x2)
- 1000baseT (gigabit Ethernet) network interface (x2) (compatible with 100baseTX networks)
- 1 year warranty
- Dual Core PC
- Windows 7
- 2GB RAM
- 4-8GB disk space per hour of HD recording, 1-2GB per hour of SD recording
- 100 or 1000Mbit Ethernet network (1000Mbit/GigE Ethernet switch recommended).
- Subscription to digital cable service
- CableCARD (M-Card) from your cable provider (x2)