Earlier this week Paragon Software released the latest version of their Hard Disk Manager software – Hard Disk Manager 11 Professional. This version supports SSDs, Advanced Format Drives and USB 3.0, along with some other new features.
Hard Disk Manager Professional is an integrated set of powerful tools that is specially designed to tackle most of the problems encountered while using Windows PC.
It includes all the latest technologies in managing stand-alone Windows environments: drive partitioning and file system optimization, disaster recovery and system migration, data sanitization and boot management for both, virtual and physical systems. And it’s open to Boot Camp users as well!
New features and benefits:
- Empowered data safety and disaster recovery tools for both physical and virtual Windows environments.
- All type of migration operations for physical and virtual environments: Full spectrum of virtual and physical migration operations: P2V, P2V Restore, V2P, V2V, P2P and Migrate OS to SSD to move any Windows OS since XP from a regular hard disk to a fast SSD (Solid State Drive) even of a smaller capacity. In addition, Paragon Connect VD technology, which works with virtual disks as if they were physical, is now included.
- New Automatic partition alignment for computer performance optimization: All partitioning (resize, move, creation) and copy with resize operations now take partition alignment problems into account with all volumes being automatically aligned by sector (for drives with non-512b sector size offset\ border will differ) . Hard Disk Manager 11 Pro users do not need to worry about possible system performance decline caused by unaligned partitions.
- Full set of Partition Management operations: All partitioning operations can now be maintained on physical or virtual environments. For mixed systems environments, Hard Disk Manager 11 Pro allows easy install and management of several diverse operating systems on a single hard disk drive.
- Updated wiping technologies can efficiently dispose data on any HDD, SSD, flash-drives and laptops.
- Support of latest technologies – AFD (Advanced Format Drive) ready: Full support of new large HDDs with advanced format structure and large sector sizes. Hard Disk Manager 11 Pro places volumes accordingly to new partition alignment rules and is able to manage partitions on these drives.
- USB 3.0 ready: New USB 3.0 port grants the possibility to access to external HDD and Flash drives on the new high-speed version of the traditional serial port
- Conversion of basic MBR to basic GPT disks; support of modern virtual machines.
- WinPE 3.0 based bootable environment: Support of a wider range of hardware configurations with the option to add drivers for specific hardware on-the-fly.
The software retails for $99.95 and there is a trial you can download and test.
We will be doing a full hands-on review soon, so watch this space.Learn more about Hard Disk Manager 2011 Professional here