Yidio is a new service that provides you with TV and Movies online but with a huge social element.
Services that provide online content are not new, for example Hulu, but the thing that makes Yidio different is the social network part. You can share your viewing recommendations with people on Facebook and Twitter, and even have suggestions made based on your interactions with others.
Here is how Yidio describe themselves and their service:
Welcome to the world’s first Social Entertainment Network!
Welcome to Yidio. Yidio’s goal is to provide simply the best way to watch TV & Movies online. With thousands of hours of TV programming now available online, Yidio now aggregates content for over 300,000 episodes across nearly 3,000 TV shows. Yidio provides users with a single platform to access content no matter where it’s located. We take the enormous world of online TV and organize it into easy to use episode guides that provide access to content from one to many sources. So sit back, relax, and start consuming more of the TV shows you love most!
In addition to having one of the most extensive TV & Movie libraries available online, Yidio has numerous social features to expand discovery, socialization, and sharing of content. Whether you want to receive recommendations from our proprietary discovery engine, or looking to share content with your friends on Facebook and Twitter, Yidio has developed a unique environment for users to interact real-time with entertainment fans around the world.
– Functionality that provides instant access to the shows you love most!
– Directories that include sorting options to search for shows by specific networks.
– Personalized TV Schedule based on your Favorite shows.
– “Daily Reminder” sent straight to your email or Facebook account so you never forgot when new episodes of your shows are on.
– Ability to build your own “Queue” to keep a list of your must watch episodes.
– Ability to “Like” episodes, movies, and activity.
– Discovery Engine that recommends content based on your interactions on Yidio. The more you “Like,” “Favorite,” and “Discuss” your favorite shows, the more accurate the recommendations become.
– Entertainment search engine that allows you to search for a specific episode by season # and episode # and receive accurate, threaded results.
– Real-Time Conversation that provides threaded comments for easy viewing and replying. Communicate in real-time with Yidio users and instantly share your activity across Facebook and Twitter with all of your friends.
– Read and respond to Twitter conversations real-time.
– Real-Time discussions search so you can always find something to talk about!
– Wondering if a show is hot or not? Every page has a graphical representation that displays how your favorite shows are trending amongst Yidio users.
– User profiles that allow you to build your very own entertainment hub to track all your TV shows and movies.
– Organization of nearly 3,000 TV shows, over 300,000 episodes, and 30,000 movies across thousands of content providers.
Yidio is owned and operated by Yidio LLC, based in San Diego, California. Yidio’s mission is to provide the easiest platform to watch TV & Movies online.
It all sounds interesting, how many times have you started watching a TV show or movie because someone you know said you just had to watch it?
Have you used it? Let us know what you think.
For more information, and to sign up, click here: http://www.yidio.com/