6. You will then be asked which computer you are using now – the new computer or the old computer. Click on the new computer.
7. You will then be asked if Windows Easy Transfer has already saved the files to the drive. In my case, it has, so click on Yes.
If you haven’t performed the initial transfer from your old computer yet, now would be a good time to do it, assuming you still have access to your old computer.
8. You will now have to browse your USB flash drive and select the transfer file, in my case it was called IMG0001, but yours may be called something different.
9. You will then be asked to choose what you want to transfer to this computer. By default everything is already selected for you, but if you decide that you only want to transfer certain things you can do so now. Make your selection and click Transfer.
The Advanced Options tab is used for mapping settings from a user account you might not yet have created.
10. The transfer will now take place – this could take some time depending on the amount you want to transfer, as before just be patient. Another drink while you wait?
11. When the transfer has completed, you will be presented with the transfer is complete screen.
You can either chose to Close the program or view what has been transferred.
It is a very good idea to check what has been transferred, just to make sure you haven’t missed anything.
12. Click on See what was transferred.
13. You will be presented with a report similar to the one shown below.
14. Click on the Details link on each element to view more information.
And that is all you need to do.
Windows Easy Transfer can really help you to not only speed up how long it takes to move your data and settings to your new computer, but also probably more importantly, it ensures that you don’t forget anything.
It is very simple to use, only requires a few clicks of the mouse and believe me, is worth using.
This really is a must use application!
You can also use it whenever you want to do a clean installation of Windows and you want to keep all your files and settings – it will literally save you hours!