The Monoprice DT-3BT speakers prove that even the smallest of packages can be mighty. These 50W beauties deliver crisp audio while looking sleek and professional. Moreover, they are lightweight, easy to work with, and versatile thanks to their multi-connectivity approach.
These compact and robust speakers allow you to connect to any device via Bluetooth. Moreover, you can use RCA cables to connect to your PC or DVD player. Alternatively, the ¼” stereo pair on the rear panel allows you to connect to a mixing deck or any other professional tool. Accordingly, the Monoprice DT-3BT speakers can be used for a plethora of tasks.
What’s in the box of the Monoprice DT-3BT speakers?
- The rather plain box is simple, robust, and discreet. What’s more, it has some basic labelling and it can be fully recycled. However, the use of polystyrene to protect its contents was disappointing. For the future, I’d like to see an environmental approach even if it pushes the price slightly.
- The Monoprice DT-3BT speakers are compact but pleasant to the eye. These attractive speakers have a refined look. Consequently, they wouldn’t look out of place in an office or gaming set-up. Additionally, they have no filter, therefore, you see both the woofers and the tweeters. At the rear, you’ll see an array of ports, the power switch, and the pair button.
- A 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable. Connect your phone, mp3, or iPod to the speakers. This cable has a rubberised finish and can be replaced with any standard aux cable.
- Speaker wires allow you to connect each speaker. The red and black cable could have been longer. However, if this is an issue, it can be replaced with any speaker cable.
- RCA cables are provided to connect the speakers to your laptop, PC, or other media device.
- A user guide helps you to work through the basics.
Whenever you buy new speakers, you want them to produce crisp audio and a pleasant range of tones. Furthermore, an even bass line is a must if you wish for a fantastic audio experience. Fortunately, the Monoprice DT-3BT speakers ticks all of these boxes. Each of the woofers and the tweeters is driven by a dedicated amplifier. This ensures that you enjoy 40 watts of class AB amplification. Subsequently, during testing, I was able to crank up the sound without issue.
No matter what song or film I choose, the speakers never cracked. During heavy bass sections, the speakers delivered an epic soundscape. Alongside this, there was no drop in tones and the outcome was balanced music that was easy to listen to. Alongside this, any dialogue during gaming or movie sessions was crystal clear. As such, I was impressed with this small but mighty product.
I was impressed that Monoprice included Bluetooth. Accordingly, this was the first element I played with. Amazingly, the speakers connected with no issue and I experienced no lag or sound drops. Furthermore, whenever I disconnected and reconnected, I faced no problems. However, if Bluetooth isn’t your thing, there are plenty of options available to you.
Perhaps you enjoy an old-school approach? If this is the case, you can use the front-facing aux port to connect to any suitable device. Alongside this, there is a headphone output if you need to play in silence. Alternatively, you can use the provided RCA cables to create a familiar and stable connection. Finally, if you are a professional, or you simply enjoy using a mixing deck, the ¼” stereo pair will be right up your street. This high-end option ensures that these speakers are suitable for beginners all the way through to top-end users.
Technically, the Monoprice DT-3BT speakers are spectacular. However, no matter how great they sound and perform, you want them to look amazing as well. Luckily, they also excel in this area. The exposed 3.5” polypropylene woofers and the ¾” silk dome tweeters look the business. Alongside this, the rounded MDF cabinets are pleasant to the eye. Moreover, I loved the refined style as the front panel comprises two ports, two LEDS, and a power/volume knob.
This sleek finish is understated, and I adored the design choice. To the rear, every port is well-labelled, and this makes it easy to set up. The pair and power buttons are tactile and simple to locate. Moreover, the front LED cluster highlights whenever you have a device connected. Alongside this, if you wish to wall mount these speakers, you can with ease. Thankfully, the back panel is designed in such a way that every element can still be accessed.
Are the Monoprice DT-3BT speakers worth it?
Decent speakers are two a penny. However, getting a set that ticks every box isn’t so easy to find. Thankfully, that’s where the Monoprice DT-3BT speakers stand out from the crowd. These compact and robust peripherals offer exceptional audio at an affordable price. Available for under $99.99, you get an awful lot of bang for your buck. Consequently, I loved them as they sound as good as they look. Therefore, I can happily recommend that you buy them here!
(More information on Monoprice can be found here!)