Here is our review of the HELM Audio DB12 AAAMP Mobile Headphone Amplifier.
Small enough to fit into the palm of your hand, the HELM DB12 AAAMP Mobile Headphone Amplifier plugs seamlessly into any mobile device (Android, iOS, MacOs or PC supported) to deliver studio grade analog amplification from your mobile device to any pair of 3.5mm headphones. Powered by THX AAA technology,the HELM DB12 AAAMP provides +12 dB of zero distortion volume gain, improved stereo imaging and clarity (true linear amplification), plus an optional user-controlled +6 dB bass boost. With over six hours of mobile play time, the HELM DB12 AAAMP transforms your mobile device into the ultimate portable hi-fi audio solution. As a seal of its superior audio design and output, it has also achieved THX Certification, meeting the highest industry standards for its exceptional sound quality and performance.
- IMMERSIVE AUDIO ON THE GO – Music, Movies & Gaming. Your Wired Headphones Never Sounded So Good
- STUDIO GRADE AMPLIFIER with Bass Boost Powered by the Award Winning THX AAA AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGY – Boost the Sound from your Mobile or Gaming Device to Your Headphones
- GAME CHANGING SOUND Anywhere You Go! Your Music, Movies, Youtube Videos, Twitch Streams and Gaming
- WORLD’S FIRST AAA In-Line Audiophile Quality Headphone Amplifier That Fits In The Palm of Your Hand and a Separate Bass Boost Feature
- DELIVERS MAXIMUM VOLUME +12dB with No Distortion, Greatly Improving Sound Quality and an Independently Controlled Bass Boost +6dB
- PLUG & PLAY – No Additional Components or Connections
- AWARD WINNING THX AAA Lowest Distortion Amplifier
- ULTRA-CLEAN POWER Breathing New Life in to Your Favorite Headphones
- EXCLUSIVE DESIGN – Brushed Aluminum Housing and Braided High-End Silver Cabling
- 100% MOBILE – Rechargeable Battery With 6-8 Hours Play Time
What’s in the box?
The box contains the AAAMP, a manual, a carry case and charging cable.
A Closer Look
Setting up the DB12 is simple – just connect one end into the device you want to listen to and the other end connect to your headphones. Then start up whatever you want to listen to, slide the power switch to ON and that’s really all there is to it! You will immediately notice a real difference in audio quality. There is also a Bass Boost option which adds +6bB of low frequency boost if you want it.
Charging the DB12 takes around 90 minutes and will last for a good 6 hours of usage. Charging is as simple as plugging in the USB C connector into the DB12 and a USB charging point. There is a charging port light on the DB12 too so you can easily see the status. When you are not using it you can store it in the nice carry case that it comes with – that’s a nice touch! Using USB C is a great way to keep the DB12 future proof – with so many devices now using USB C it was a smart move on the part of HELM to use it too!
The in-line controls consist of volume up and down and a single central button use for play and pause, next or previous track.
The DB12 is very light weight – you will hardly even notice it’s there!
The sound quality is amazing – it really makes a difference using the DB12 compared to just plugging in your headphones. The THX AAA feature really makes the sound feel like you are right there!
The DB12 is a fantastic addition to you listening experience – once you have tried it you wont want to go back to listening without it! If you want the best audio experience you can get at a reasonable price, then look no further than the DB12 – it’s a must have!
The HELM Audio DB12 AAAMP Mobile Headphone Amplifier is available now priced around $179.99.