inXile Entertainment, the studio acquired by Microsoft and founded by Brian Fargo, is proud to announce The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut is now available on Xbox Game Pass, the PlayStation Store, and digital PC stores such as Steam and GOG for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Retail copies for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X will arrive September 6 in Europe and October 4 in North America.
The Director’s Cut is loaded with new features, fixes, and content, making it the truly definitive edition of The Bard’s Tale IV. Along with an Unreal Engine update that has the game looking, playing, and sounding better than ever, The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut directly addresses feedback received from the game’s initial launch with thousands of fixes and tweaks included. Those who already own the PC game will receive the Director’s Cut content and improvements as a free update.
New features of The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut include:
– A new end-game chapter that adds hours of additional content
– New enemies, items, and weapons, including dwarven master-crafted weapons
– Thousands of fixes and improvements across the game
– Refined and more feature-rich UI
– More class/gender character creation options
– Rebalanced combat and encounters
– Additional difficulty settings
– Full gamepad support across all platforms
Each version of The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut includes bonus in-game items, with the Deluxe Edition on PC offering a wide range of art, music, and the original (and remastered) The Bard’s Tale Trilogy series of games.