- Advertisement -
Originally broadcast to the beloved people in July 2018, Artifex Mundi have released a follow-up trailer to their upcoming Cold War, communist-comedy era adventure game – Irony Curtain: From Matryoshka with Love.
Set in a bizarre Eastern European country ruled by t̶y̶r̶a̶n̶i̶c̶a̶l BELOVED leader, the game will take players through an ane exciting and often exaggerated spy story of epic communist vs capitalist caricatures. Take on the role of Evan, a bumbling journalist and unbeknown spy as he solves a puzzles, meets the eccentric people of this great nation and reveals what’s actually behind the Irony Curtain.
The game is set for a Q2 2019 release and will cost $19.99 / 19.99 EUR.
- Original, fictional Cold War era setting – An alternate reality unbound by historical accuracy. Explore communistic Matryoshka full of absurd situations and determined citizens who’ll work all possible angles to navigate this illogical, odd country.
- A spy intrigue story – Sleeper spies, stolen secrets and world-domination plots wrapped in layers of humor.
- Quirky – Strong archetypes with their own personalities, preferences charactersand backstories. Meet the mysterious Leader ruling Matryoshka with an irony fist, the clueless and gullible Evan, the brave and witty Agent Anna, the notorious Minister of Propaganda and more.
- Inspired by classic point-and-clicks – But better! No dream-logic. No pixel hunting. Just pure P&C fun.
- Do it your way – Some of the puzzles are non-linear and can be solved in two or more ways.
- 21 hand-painted locations – that look surprisingly better than their original inspirations.
- 1,951 cleverly smuggled-in easter eggs – some of them punishable by political imprisonment.
- An anthem for the nations – no more irksome elevator music. Irony Curtain’s score is as grand as Matryoshka itself, written by the state composer Arkadiusz Reikowski (known from Layers of Fear, Observer, Kholat, My Brother Rabbit).
- Full, professional voice-over – Fully voiced in English, with subtitles in Polish and German.