Amazon introduced the all-new Kindle, the first Kindle with a front light for under £70. Now you can adjust the display brightness to read comfortably in even more places—whether indoors at night or outside in the sun. The all-new Kindle also includes an updated design and the latest E ink technology for better contrast.
The all-new Kindle comes in black or white for just £69.99 and is available for pre-order today at www.amazon.co.uk/kindle.
“Customers consistently tell us how much they appreciate having a front light on Kindle devices so they can read in any environment—even in bed at night,” said Eric Saarnio, Head of Amazon Devices, Europe. “The team worked hard to bring this customer-favourite feature to our most affordable device, and we’re excited to introduce the all-new Kindle—the first Kindle under £100 with a built-in adjustable front light.”
All-New Kindle – Now with a Front Light
Like all Kindle devices, the all-new Kindle provides a sanctuary reading experience with no distractions and includes a glare-free display with print-quality text that’s easy to read. The new adjustable front light makes it even more comfortable to read in a variety of places while still delivering weeks of battery life. The all-new Kindle also includes updated E ink technology for better contrast and now uses capacitive touch to prevent accidental swipes on the six-inch, 167 ppi display.
The refreshed design delivers all these great features while keeping the device thin and light, so it’s easy to hold in one hand for long reading sessions. And the all-new Kindle comes with features customers love—storage to hold thousands of books so you can take your library with you, a battery life that lasts weeks not hours, and a durable design that makes it easy to bring with you on the go.
Even More Stories with Kindle Unlimited
Kindle devices already come with instant access to the Kindle store, featuring the world’s best selection of content, including books, audiobooks, newspapers, and magazines. To make it even easier to get started reading on the all-new Kindle, beginning on 10 April and for a limited time only, all eligible Amazon customers can subscribe and get three months of Kindle Unlimited for free. Kindle Unlimited provides unlimited access to over 1 million great titles from a wide range of genres, including Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan, Joyland by Stephen King, and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. After three months, Kindle Unlimited is just £7.99 per month.
New Reading Features that Go Beyond a Print Book
The all-new Kindle helps you go beyond a book with Amazon’s newest reading features. Now, when you finish a book, it will automatically be marked as read in your library and synced across your reading devices including Kindle, Fire tablet, and the free Kindle apps for iOS and Android. With just a few taps, you can filter to see which books you’ve read and which you haven’t, so organising your library has never been easier.
Additionally, last year, we introduced a new home experience making it easier to find your next great read. We’re continuing to add to the experience and now you will find more recommendations based on your reading history, including new and trending titles in Kindle Unlimited and the Kindle Store.
These features will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013), and newer devices in the coming months.
Features Readers Love about Kindle
The all-new Kindle includes all the features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading:
- Audible—With Bluetooth built-in, listen to your favourite Audible book and switch seamlessly between reading and listening on a Bluetooth enabled device.
- Whispersync and Whispersync for Voice—Saves and synchronises your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks and Audible books across all of your Kindle devices and apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device.
- Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 50 million members and 47 million book reviews.
- X-Ray—Explore the “Bones of the Book”—see all the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
- Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
- Family Library—With Kindle and Kindle reading apps, you can access not only your own books, but also books from the Amazon account of a spouse or partner.
- Reading Benefits for Prime—Prime members can enjoy unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading.
The new device joins Kindle Paperwhite, which features a high-resolution, 300 ppi display with a flush-front design and waterproofing, and Kindle Oasis, which includes a seven-inch, high-resolution display, waterproofing, and an ergonomic design.
The all-new Kindle is £69.99 and is available for pre-order today at www.amazon.co.uk/kindle and select retailers, including Argos, Dixons, John Lewis & Partners, littlewoods.com and very.co.uk. It will start shipping on 10 April. Customers can also take advantage of the limited time offer of 3 months of Kindle Unlimited for free starting on 10 April. Additionally, you can purchase a cover for your all-new Kindle for just £24.99. Covers are thin, snap perfectly onto your device, and are made of woven fabric in a variety of colours, including charcoal black, sandstone white, cobalt blue, and punch red. Pre-order now at www.amazon.co.uk/kindle.