With success of the Mortal Kombat X’s “Blue Steel” Sub-Zero skin DLC, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is supporting the competitive pro fighting game scene in a big way with tournament sponsorships and prize pool contributions.
With a month remaining before the 11th July ESL Mortal Kombat X Worldwide Competitive Program finals, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is doubling its commitment to the prize pool and raising it to $100,000 USD.
The Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skin is still available for purchase for £1.69 with the proceeds to be used to fund the following initiatives:
● Further contribution to the ESL Mortal Kombat X Pro-League finals prize pool. With the deadline for the Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skin to fund this tournament is 29th June.
● Establishing a Mortal Kombat X prize pool of $50,000 at EVO (1 7 -19th July)
● Funding a series of Mortal Kombat X tournaments including:
○ Combo Breaker (22-24 May)
○ MCM Comic Con – UK Invitational Tournament (23rd May)
○ CEO (26th-28th June)
● Other tournament support to be confirmed later