Welcome to the new Skylanders game from Activision and Toys for Bob, But this years game is a little different to the past games. With Skylanders Trap Team they have reversed the magic by bringing characters out of the game, into the physical “Traps” that you can take with you, and bring life to the toys.
As always Chaos continues his Evil ongoing quest to take over Skylands, with his discovery of the legendary Cloudcracker Prision, a fortress built entirely of the magic substance called “Traptanium” that is the home to the Skylands most nefarious baddies.
Kaos starts by blowing up the prison, which releases the most wanted villians with this blasting shards of Traptanium to Earth in the form of Traps. It’s now up to the Portal Masters to recapture all the escaped villains by using the “Traptanium Trap” and then to defeat Kaos before time runs out!
Now Skylanders Trap Team introduces a newest idea with the most wanted villains in Skylands and then play as them in the game in the battle for good.
Here is the Water Traptanium “Trap” Here is the Life Traptanium “Trap”
The New Traptanium Portal with the new character called Snap Shot (Trap Master)
The game offers a total new addition to the game’s play pattern in the form of Traptanium Traps. When this new type of toy is placed directly into the Traptanium Portal, Portal Masters can then “capture” a variety of special villains from the game and magically transport them from Skylands into the real world.
If you watch the little video above you may see a few new characters
Here are a Few Key Features of the new game
- Toys to Life, Life to Toys – Now you will experience a new level of Skylanders innovation through the Traptanium Portal, a new ring of magical energy which reverses the magic of the toys to life category by letting players bring digital characters into the physical world. With a built-in audio speaker allows players to magically hear the unique voices of the villains travel from the game into the real world Trap, and vice versa. Also the Trap also lights up in sync with the villain speaking, adding even more magic to the experience. If you look closely, you can almost see the villain trying to escape from inside the Trap.
- Two Ways to Play – In Skylanders Trap Team, you can play as a Skylander or as capture Skylands’ most wanted foes and unleash them for good this time. Now it’s up to the Portal Masters to find these villains and capture them inside the new Traps that transport the villains into the real world via the Traptanium Portal. Once trapped, players can return the villain to Skylands as a playable character at anytime in the game. This new play pattern gives you the option to switch between playing as a Skylander hero or a villain at any time, creating fun and unique “tag team” gameplay.
With the new starter pack you get Food Fight and Snap Shot and two trap (Water and Life Element)
The Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack includes:
- Traptanium Portal – Place the Skylanders on the NEW Traptanium Portal and bring the Skylanders to life
- Trap Master Skylanders – Trap Master Skylanders are the ultimate trappers with powerful Traptanium weapons
- All New Skylanders – The Skylanders each have their own unique abilities and powers
- Traps – Defeat and capture villains in the Traps and then use the villains on the side of good
- Character Collector Poster – Build the ultimate Trap Team – Over 60 Skylanders to collect and 40+ villains to capture
- Sticker Sheets with Secret Codes – Enjoy stickers of your favourite Skylanders. Place the names and codes on the Character Collect Poster to track your collection. The secret codes can be used in the Skylanders Lost Islands and Skylanders Collection Vault Apps.
- Trading Cards – Learn more about each Skylander’s powers and abilities
The Themed Trap designs adds a variety to the collectible Skylanders Trap Team experience. Each Trap is elementally aligned, letting players capture villains who fall under that element. For instance, when Portal Masters explore the world of Skylands and encounter a water villain, they can insert a water Trap into the Traptanium Portal to capture that villain, as well as bring that villain back into Skylands as a playable character who helps in the fight for good. In total there are 8 “Trap” for the game you can buy for it, but you can finish the whole game with just the starter pack for it. With each new trap added to their collection, Portal Masters unlock an exciting world of possibilities!
Meet Wallop a new character for Skylanders Trap Team (Trap Master)
Snap Shot (Trap Master) new character for Skylander Trap Team from the Starter Pack
New Character called Food Fight one of the new characters in the Starter Pack for Skylanders Trap Team.
Also meet Chopper a little dinosaur with massive fire power
Yes Chompy Mage is back and you can play as him when you beat him in the game
New Cast of Characters – With a brand new group of Skylanders, that are known as Trap Masters, lead the charge armed with their oversized crystal weapons in the fight against the most wanted villains and returning nemesis Kaos.
The game introduces more than 50 new playable Skylanders heroes, including :-
- New Trap Master Skylanders like Snap Shot, Wollop and Wildfire and more still to come
- NewCore Skylanders like Chopper and Food Fight
- Reposed, fan-favourite Skylanders
- With a total of over 50 New Skylanders.
Shrednaught one of the new villains in the game
Chopper in flight while attacking the enemies
Skylanders Trap Team features an all new adventure-filled story with fun and interesting new characters as well as returning franchise favorites. The game delivers a diverse and dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with adventure, combat, puzzles, mini games, activities, platforming, and drop-in/drop out co-op play all set within a variety of new compelling environments. With each new addition to their Trap Team collection, Portal Masters unlock exciting new gameplay possibilities within each level.
With the new design of the game you can switch between one trapped villain and one regular Skylander figure on the fly, adding a tag team like element to the Zelda style brawling.
If want to know if you can use you old figures, the answer is a big yes you can use the entire collection of 175 forward compatible characters from Skylanders SWAP Force, Skylanders Giants and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure.
For this development of the game Toys for Bob are back and made the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii versions of the but Beenox did the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS. With all versions of the game priced at £64.99 only the Wii and the 3DS version priced at £59.99.
With a release date of 5th October 2014 in North America and the 10th October in Europe.
What do you think of the new Skylanders Trap Team, please comment below.