The UNSC Infinity— the largest starship in the UNSC fleet– is your gateway to the “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer experience in “Halo 4” and serves as the centre of your Spartan career. Here you’ll build your custom Spartan-IV super soldier, and progress your multiplayer career across the brand-new episodic Spartan Ops campaign, and the multitude of competitive War Games modes.
Earn experience and unlock all-new Specialisations in both Spartan Ops and War Games as you earn new ranks. In addition, the “Halo 4” Limited Edition sku and “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass will provide even more opportunities to establish your legacy on the battlefield.
Activate Specialisations to Earn New Ranks and Equipment
With eight Specialisations in “Halo 4,” you can achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career once you progress beyond level 50. As you level up through these dedicated paths, you will earn a bristling arsenal of combat-enhancing armour mods that provide even more options to customise your Spartan-IV to fit your preferred role on the battlefield. In addition, armour sets, emblems, visor colours, weapon and armour skins unique to each Specialisation distinguish your Spartan-IV from other players in “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer. For detailed descriptions of the eight Specialisations and their unique armour mods, visit Halo Waypoint.
Two Specialisations – Wetwork and Pioneer – will be available to all players when “Halo 4” launches on 6 November. The remaining six Specialisations are available by pre-ordering the standard Halo 4 game (£49.99 ERP) exclusively at GAME and gamestation stores. Alternatively, all eight Specialisations are included in the “Halo 4” Limited Edition (£69.99 ERP). All Specialisations will gradually be made available to download through Xbox LIVE in the months following launch.
Full “Halo 4” Limited Edition Contents Revealed*
Following the initial announcement of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition, 343 Industries and Microsoft today announced the LE’s full suite of exclusive digital content. The “Halo 4” Limited Edition maximises your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your “Halo” multiplayer career. Available for £69.99 ERP, the “Halo 4” Limited Edition includes:
· “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, providing an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
“Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following bonus videos:
- Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
- Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
- Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
· War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, otherwise available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
· Specialisations – Receive early access to six Specialisations, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career
· UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet – Includes an armour customisation schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
· *NEW* Exclusive digital content through Xbox LIVE:
- Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armour
- Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armour Skin
- Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin
- “Prime” In-Game Emblem
- Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armour
- Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop
Wage War on New, Exotic Battlefields and Save Money with the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass
Also available as a standalone option from 6 November at 2000 Microsoft Points, the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass includes access to nine competitive multiplayer maps – three future War Games map packs, each including three maps – giving you a variety of new exotic battlegrounds post-launch. The “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass represents a discount of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the add-ons individually, and includes three in-game exclusives2 – the Spartan-IV “Scanner” and “Strider” helmets, and the “Falcon” in-game emblem.
Set almost five years after the events of Halo 3, Halo 4 takes the series in a bold new direction and sets the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga, in which the Master Chief returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. In addition to a rich story and campaign, Halo 4 introduces a ground-breaking new multiplayer offering, called Halo Infinity Multiplayer, that builds off of the Halo franchise’s rich multiplayer history and promises to continue to innovate and redefine the way people think about storytelling and multiplayer experiences.
Have you pre-ordered Halo 4? Let us know by leaving a comment below.