Tonight in London ZTE announced their next smartphone, the Android 4.0 based ZTE Grand X and CDW were on hand to cover it.
The ZTE Grand X combines an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core chipset with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The powerful processor delivers fast download speeds and video processing and, combined with the 4.3-inch 16 million colour Sharp screen (960×540) and cinematic surround-sound Dolby Mobile Sound technology, enables the Grand X to provide a compelling mobile entertainment experience.
The NVIDIA Tegra processor means games run fast and smooth, and one-touch access to the Tegra Zone gives mobile gamers quick access to the world’s best mobile games.
The ZTE Grand X incorporates a variety of connection capabilities including Bluetooth, WiFi and DLNA which enable users to share content across multiple devices such as TVs and displays, printers, cameras, and other mobile and multimedia devices. The smartphone also allows users to capture, play and share content using the HD video capability.
ZTE will be showing off the Grand X at the Westfield Startford Olympic area as part of their ZTE Grand Xperience, giving people the chance to see and try one for themselves.
ZTE are aiming the new phone at 18-35 year olds, and as such has teamed up with Professor Green to promote it, so expect to see lots of posters and advertising!
- Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 2, Dual-core (AP20 Dual Core 1GHz)
- Display Size: 4.3” – 16M QHD (960 x 540)
- Modem: NVIDIA i450 (HSDPA Cat14, 21Mbps)
- Weight: 110g
- Dimensions: 127mmx64.6mmx9.9mm
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, DLNA
- Camera: Dual Camera 5MP AF Flash/0.3 MP
- User Memory: 4GB + up to 32GB Micro SD
- RAM: 512 MB
- Storage: 4GB, expandable to 32GB (Micro SD)
- OS: Android 4.0 (ICS)
- Battery: 1650 mAh Li-Ion
- Others: Dolby Mobile Sound / HD Voice / HD video capture and playback / Facetones / Evernote / Documents to go / Tegra Zone (Gaming Marketplace)
Virgin Media will offer the ZTE Grand X on prepay for £189.99, or on contract from £24 a month all the way up to £37 depending on your chosen package. Phones 4u have yet to release their pricing, but expect that any time now.
The ZTE Grand X will be available sometime during August.
We got some hands-on time with the phone tonight, so expect that shortly.Learn more from the LTE Grand X website
Comments are closed.