electrongoo has released an update to their ISO Mounter add-in for Windows Home Server. Read on for details.
ISO Mounter is a software add-in for Microsoft Home and Business server which allows you to mount ISO files (DVD and CD images) stored on your server so they can be viewed directly through your servers folder share on all of your PC’s and laptops.
Are you tired of burning ISO images onto physical CD and DVD and media?
Would you prefer not to install ISO mounting software containing ad-ware and annoying toolbars on all of your PC’s and laptops?
- Supports Windows Home Server 2011
- Supports Windows Home Server (V1)
- Supports Windows Small Business 2011 Essentials and Storage Server 2008 R2
- Streams DVD and Blu-ray movies to approved DLNA devices
- Creates bootable USB disks. Burn ISO images directly to removable USB devices
- Integrates directly into the Server Console/Dashboard for simple administration
- File system browser allows for searching and manually selecting of any ISO file
- Mounted ISO files persist across server reboots
- Configurable “Auto-mount” folders allow automatic mounting of new ISO files
- Mounted ISO files will appear in the Server folders as a browsable read-only folder
- “Relocation folder” to view all mounted ISO files in a single folder (WHS/SBS 2011 only)
- Simple, easy-to-view heads-up status display to monitor status
- Quick-launch feature allows viewing contents of ISO files directly from the Dashboard
Now for the change log:
- Support for Blu-ray iso images (now you can stream Blu-ray movies from your WHS to your XBOX or other DLNA device)
- Added a 15 day free trial
- Updated user interface for German localization
- Fixed issue where some iso images would not automatically remount after a server reboot
- Updated the installer package to be friendlier with older versions of the Microsoft “C Run Time Library”
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Anyone who has already purchased the add-in can upgrade for free. Simply check for new updates directly from the ISO Mounter add-in by selecting More Tasks | Check for Updates. If you are running ISO Mounter, go ahead and upgrade!electrongoo Product Page