Do you have old videos that you would like to convert and watch on your computer? If so, you need something like the Dazzle Video Creator HD from Avid, and here is our review.
Featuring a high-quality video capture device plus powerful Pinnacle Studio HD v.14 editing software, Dazzle Video Creator HD makes it easy to create movies like a pro. Quickly import videos and photos, then edit scenes and add professional polish with an extensive library of effects, transitions, and soundtrack options.
Share your masterpiece directly on the web with one-click uploading to YouTube, or easily transfer your video to an Apple iPod, Sony PSP, or other device. Thanks to Dazzle Video Creator HD, it’s never been easier to create and share amazing HD videos.
Who are Dazzle?
From their website:
From the most prestigious, award-winning productions, to music and movies made at home, Avid creates the technology that people use to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world. The shows, commercials, and news programs you watch on TV. The entertaining video and film stories you see on the web and on the big screen. The personal audio and video treasures that people make at home to preserve their favourite moments in life.
Our innovative digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including 2 Oscar statuettes, a Grammy, and 14 Emmys.
- Video inputs: Composite video (RCA),S-Video (mini-DIN)
- Audio inputs: Stereo audio (RCA x2)
- PC connection: Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Capture from any video source with composite (RCA) or S-Video output
- AVCHD*, DVD (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+Ror DVD+RW, dual layer), S-VCD, Video CD (VCD)
- Apple® iPod®, Sony® PSP/PS3, Nintendo® Wii, Microsoft® Xbox compatible formats*
- DV, HDV, AVI, DivX*, RealVideo® 8, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4*, Flash, 3GP*, WAV, MP3*, QuickTime® (SD format) files
- Dolby® Digital 2 channel audio
What’s in the Box?
Inside the box is the capture device itself, some manuals and a Studio HD drivers CD.
A Closer Look
There’s isn’t much to the capture device. There is a USB connector to plug into your computer, and the inputs are on the device itself (Left and Right audio, S-Video input and Composite Video input). You may have dig out your old cables!