We first told you about the SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Pro Edition gaming mouse back in January. We have been using it for a few weeks now and so it’s time for our hands-on (literally) review.
The Kinzu v2 Pro Edition is built to kill (and win). It features, tournament grade Omron button switches which are recognized by the industry and the community as reliable, high-end hardware components that deliver ‘best-in-class’ performance and feedback.
• Tournament-grade Omron button switches which are recognized by the industry and the community as reliable, high-end hardware components that deliver ‘best-in-class’ performance and feedback.
• Ambidextrous shape with 4-button layout including the CPI toggle
• Tournament grade optical sensor operating at 3600 Frames Per Second
• Supports stable movement speeds at 65 Inches Per Second.
• UPE Teflon glides and a double-braided nylon cord with 2.0 USB connector
• Three colour options: Glossy Black, Metallic Silver and Red
Who are SteelSeries?
From their website:
From day one, SteelSeries has been focused on making high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels. We believe, as most gamers do, in winning, not trying!
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mousepad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming. Fueling our growth is you, the gamer!
While we are proud of our technology and product innovation, we are even more excited about how these products are developed to meet the needs of gamers. Many companies may claim to develop superior gaming products but few actually do. Instead, they spend countless hours with lab engineers trying to force fit a new technology with bells and whistles and mediocre functionality for the end-user.
At SteelSeries, we develop our products with a small internal team and a vast network of technology partners, channel partners, game publishers, and gaming communities around the globe. We aren’t afraid of being challenged and implementing new ideas. Our main goal is to always to listen to the collective feedback of our professional gaming community.
- Weight: 77 grams (0.17 lbs)
- Height: 36 mm (1.4 in)
- Width: 64 mm (2.5 in)
- Length: 117 mm (4.6 in)
For those of you who are really into your gaming mice, here are some more specific numbers:
- Frames per second: 3600
- Inches per second: 65
- Mega pixels per second: 3.7
- Counts per inch: 400 – 3200
- Maximum acceleration: 30 G
- Sensor data path: True 16 bit
- Lift distance: ~2 mm
- Maximum polling: 1000 Hz
What’s in the Box?
The box contains the mouse and a quick start guide.