A few days ago we told you about WD TV’s new services for WD TV owners. At the time the Android app was coming soon, now it’s available.
WD TV® Live Hub™ media center or WD TV Live™ streaming media player
Turn your smartphone into a touch-screen remote for your WD TV® Live Hub™ media center or WD TV Live™ streaming media player.
Control your WD TV experience with the tap of a soft key or the swipe of a finger using the WD Remote™ app. Simply launch the app on your Android™ mobile device and instantly take control of any WD TV Live Hub media center or WD TV Live streaming media player that is connected on the same network.
• Control your WD TV from anywhere in your house using your wireless network
• Get one-touch access to launch any online service available on your WD TV
• Enter text using your Android smartphone or tablet keyboard
• Use the gesture pad for quick and easy navigation
• Connect multiple Android mobile devices with the WD Remote app and conveniently play multiplayer games
• Android device running mobile operating system version 2.1 or higher
• WD TV Live Hub media center or WD TV Live streaming media player (Gen 3, released October 2011)
• Wireless access to your WD TV media player on your network (Your media player may be connected to your network via Ethernet port or wirelessly)