ARCHOS, an award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, today announced the upcoming availability of the first android 3.2 ‘’Honeycomb’’ tablet at £179.99, the ARCHOS 70b internet tablet.
The new ARCHOS 70b IT is an enhanced version of the ARCHOS 70 IT Gen 8 that features an upgraded capacitive touch screen and a powerful processor at 1.2 GHz.
The ARCHOS 70b internet tablet runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb, Google’s full suite of mobile applications with Android MarketTM, giving users access to over 300,000 applications such as games, books, social media and news. With Honeycomb, users will benefit faster and smoother transitions between different applications, more intuitive navigation to and from home screens.
Very slim and light, the newest version of the ARCHOS 70 internet tablet Gen 8, offers the best performances in terms of portability, immediate internet access, multimedia, apps and affordability. This new version has a higher resolution capacitive screen (1024 x 600) for vibrant colours and crisp clarity and has doubled the RAM to 512 MB for a smoother web experience and more efficient multi-tasking.
This connected mobile device with a sublime user interface, 3D Graphics accelerator and Wi-Fi connectivity, comes also with a full pack of connected apps such as a web browser and email application, HDMI output and Micro SD connectivity.
With this enhanced Android tablet, users will benefit from:
· Smoother multi-tasking and faster web experience thanks to upgraded RAM
· Brighter colours with high resolution capacitive screen
· Android 3.2 Honeycomb, the Android version designed for a tablet
· Access to a full array of apps with the Android Market and its 250,000 apps such as news, eMagazines, eBooks, social media, games…
· A full multimedia experience with upgraded multimedia ARCHOS apps for video and music
· HDMI output, giving users full access to their Android experience on their TV including all the apps, not only video playback but also 3D games, photos and all the apps from the Android Market
ARCHOS, pioneer in the portable audio and video player market, and now specializing in Android Tablets, has repeatedly revolutionized the market for consumer electronics since 1988. Today, ARCHOS offers Android Internet Tablets, Tablet PCs and MP3/MP4 players. In 2000, ARCHOS launched the Jukebox 6000, the first MP3 player combined with a hard disk. Then in 2003 ARCHOS introduced the first portable multimedia players with TV recording. In 2006 Wi-Fi is implemented and then touch screens in 2007. In 2008, ARCHOS launched the first generation Internet Tablets, and then the first ever Android powered tablets in 2009. ARCHOS has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. ARCHOS is quoted on Compartment C of Eurolist, Euronext Paris, ISIN CodeFR0000182479. Website: www.archos.com.