Recently UWHS attended the UK launch party for Microsoft’s Kinect Disneyland Adventures. Now it’s time for our two minute review of the game.
Experience a place where two magical worlds unite: Kinect for Xbox 360 invites you to take a journey where stories come to life and dreams come true, right in your living room! Explore Disneyland® park — from Main Street U.S.A. to Critter Country — join Peter Pan to battle Captain Hook, high-five Mickey Mouse or hug Snow White.
Harnessing the controller-free magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” allows children, families and Disney fans of all ages to explore Disneyland park, step into adventures based on attractions, engage in challenging quests and interact with beloved Disney characters using their full bodies and voices,* no controller required. “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” is your portal to a magical world of Disneyland park adventures through Kinect.
· Create memories. Whether it’s your first time or hundredth time exploring Disneyland park, relive your fondest memories or embark on a new adventure.
· Discover Disneyland park. Whether you want to go on an adventure in your favourite attraction or explore the entire park, “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” allows you to play at your own pace and customize your own Disneyland park experiences right from your living room, whenever you want.
· Explore attractions. Experience your favourite Disneyland park attractions as immersive adventures — explore Neverland at Peter Pan’s side and take up your sword to fight Captain Hook; battle your way to the island in Pirates of the Caribbean; or partner with a friend to enjoy the fascinating world of Alice in Wonderland.
· Meet the characters. Share magical moments with your favorite Disney characters — hug a princess, high-five Mickey Mouse, collect autographs and accept quests.
· Collect and unlock. Collect Disney-themed items, rewards and Xbox 360 Achievements as you make your way through the park to discover new game experiences, including themed parades and firework displays.
· Cooperative play. Partner with a friend or family member to explore Disneyland park; have him or her jump in to lend a hand on difficult challenges and help you earn rewards. Designed to adjust difficulty based on skill, “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” ensures that everyone is having fun and playing together.
Watch the trailer below:
This game is seriously good fun for all the family. You get to walk around an incredibly lifelike representation of Disneyland, you get to interact with all your favourite characters, including Mickey Mouse, and you get to play games and go on rides.
What more could you ask for?
Walking around the park you will find coins that you can collect in order to buy merchandise in the various shops (it is Disney after all). Some of this merchandise includes autograph books that you will need to complete tasks. At the very start of the game Mickey gives you your first autograph book and sets you off on a task, which in turn leads you to other tasks.
Interacting with the characters is fun – you talk to them, dance with them and even hug them.
Walking around the park takes a little getting used to – you have to walk like you were a puppet on a string, but it only takes a few moments, and certainly the kids pick it up quicker than the adults do (who are obviously only “testing” the game)!
You can play single player or with a friend.
The Kinect interaction works really well and you can even give voice commands which make playing that much better.
If your child (or you for that matter) love DIsney, want a great game to play and enjoy using the Kinect then this game should definitely be on someone’s Christmas list.
I have looked at heaps of websites to get infomation on he Disney Adventures. Is it necessary to do all the fighting to actually get into Disneyland. I am not a gamer but have been sitting for days trying to kill things and find stuff so my 5 year old can get into Disneyland. Input anyone?
Comments are closed.