Today WD has announced the release of their WD Sentinel DX4000 in 4TB and 8TB models running Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials. This small office storage server offers complete protection for your data, PCs and remote access. With a 4TB model selling for $949 it is a great deal in today’s market.
This new WD server offers Plug-and-Play installation, easy maintenance and secure remote access. Using Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials. I have been using this server and it has great performance, style and functionality. The 4TB model is $949.99 and the 8TB model is $1,499.99. These prices are very competitive considering the systems run Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials!
The customized WD Dashboard provides everything you need to manage your WD Sentinel DX4000!
Five Levels of Data Protection
WD Sentinel DX4000 provides five levels of data protection for every device on the small office network and is supported by WD Guardian Services.
- The Drives Inside: Pre-configured with WD’s award-winning enterprise-class drives for durability and reliability.
- RAID: Featuring levels 1 and 5 for data protection and speed.
- Daily Backup: Automatic backup and recovery software provides daily full system back ups for up to 25 devices on your network. Simply set it and forget it.
- Redundant Network Connectivity: Dual Gigabit Ethernet configured in Adaptive Fault Tolerance (AFT) automatically switches to second network port in the event of a network failure.
- Optional Disaster Recovery Protection: Connect to the small business cloud provided by optional disaster recovery software and store your data offsite for disaster recovery.
Check out the WD Sentinel DX4000 Small Office Storage Server at:
I have been using this server and it has great performance, style and functionality. I will be posting more updates and articles soon so check back!