Today WD launched their new WD Sentinel DX4000 Small Office Storage Server running Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials.
WD Sentinel is easy to install and provides secure centralized storage, complete data protection and data access for your employees, clients or vendors while in the office or working remotely from anywhere.
Featuring hardware and software from industry leaders, it delivers a reliable, cost effective and easy-to-manage storage server designed for small office environments.
Here at UWHS we have been beta testing this little beauty for a couple of months now, and I have to say I really like it! Stay tuned for a more information and a full review soon.
WD Guardian Services for Small Business
WD Sentinel DX4000 is backed by WD’s world-class customer service and support. All WD Sentinel small business customers will receive free tech support for 30 days from the time of the first call. WD Sentinel customers may wish to upgrade their service plan to one of three options:
- WD Guardian Express: Offers next-day parts replacement service including shipping and handling costs.
- WD Guardian Pro: Offers a one year support agreement with WD service, express parts replacement and priority access to technical support.
- Guardian Extended Care: Service that extends the product warranty from the standard three year warranty to five years.
Price and Availability
WD Sentinel DX4000 small office storage server is available at select U.S. retailers and online at the wdstore.com. MSRP is $949.99 USD for 4 TB and $1,449.99 USD for the 8 TB.
- Internet connection (for system updates and web access)
- Wired or wireless router with an available 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Intel AtomTM D525 1.8 GHz Dual Core
- 2 GB RAM
Server Operating System
- Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials
Supported Client Operating Systems
- Windows XP with service pack 3, 32-bit versions only
- Windows Vista with service pack 2, all 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
- Windows 7, all 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
- File sharing support for Mac OS X 10.5.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Linux/Unix
Supported Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Active Directory
- CIFS, NFS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, WebDAV
File Sharing Protocols
- CIFS/SMB, NFS, FTP, WebDAV
- RAID 1 (2 drives only) and RAID 5 (3-4 drives)
- Automatic migration and capacity expansion