Today Tranquil PC announced a new series of silent servers called the Riley series.
Since September 2007, Tranquil PC have brought to market numerous innovative Windows Home Server appliances – the T7, T2, SQA and in 2011 the Leo performance server.
Since July 2011, the next generation have been evolving. The next generation, known as “Riley“ series are now being completed for release for sale.
After selling 10,000’s of servers, getting substantial customer feedback over the various appliances, and more recently completing a huge customer survey, the Riley series will set a new standard in the market:
- Processor units powered by Intel dual core Atom, or i3/i5 processors
- Processor units include two 2.5” HDD bays to provide server OS drive and server backup drive
- Storage units provide RAID0, 1, 5 or 10 (default 5) optimisation across the 4x internal 3.5” HDD bays
- Multiple storage units can connect to the processor units (depending on processor model)
Key features (both processor and storage)
- 100% fan less operation
- Near silent operation (processor <3.5dBA, storage <6dBA)
- Low power consumption
- Single piece construction, without vents or any joints
- Optimised for ‘living space’, visually and acoustically desirable
- 3 year limited warranty
- Designed and manufactured in UK
With a new strap line, the message is clear, these are servers to be seen, but never heard.
Nice to see Tranquil continue to be innovative.
Comments are closed.