- Advertisement -
And another new beta version of the Windows Home Server Drive Extender replacement StableBit DrivePool released – this time its build 3334.
- Combine all your hard drives into one big storage pool (except the system drive with the OS).
- Add and remove drives from the pool at any time without re-partitioning or manually moving folders.
- Create duplicated folders on the storage drive pool that are protected against single drive failure. If a drive fails on which a duplicated file was stored, the contents of that file will remain readable even without the drive.
- All your data is stored in standard NTFS files. You can always access your files even if the Windows Home Server completely crashes or this add-in can’t be used.
The changes in this version are:
* Moving a folder now reports per-file progress. This will keep the progress bar moving even when a large file is in the process of being moved.
* Added move folder wizard.
* Enabled shared folder descriptions. Descriptions are stored on the pool in a hidden alternate stream inside the folder record itself. Because of this they are synchronized with the OS on startup and are preserved across different servers.
* Fixed alternate stream access on directories.Download Stablebit Drivepool build 3334 here Learn more about StableBit DrivePool here
Have you tried it? What do you think?