Iomega have now started shopping their StorCenter ix2-200 Network Storage Cloud Edition box here in the UK.
The Iomega® StorCenter™ ix2-200 Network Storage, Cloud Edition offers content sharing with advanced security, and is ideal for small and remote offices, workgroups or home networks. Based on enterprise-class EMC® storage technology, the StorCenter ix2-200 provides easy file sharing, iSCSI block access, and multiple RAID configurations for optimized data protection.
The Iomega Personal Cloud offers unparalleled simplicity and versatility for data sharing and protection. Business users will appreciate the robust data protection features such as UPS support, print serving, folder quotas, rsync device-to-device replication, and user replaceable drives for business continuity and disaster recovery. The easy-to-use interface provides no-hassle management. Active Directory support and remote access round out the comprehensive business features.
The StorCenter ix2-200 supports up to five Axis® IP security cameras for basic video surveillance. Home users benefit from the advanced media features such as the DLNA® certified UPnP® AV Media Server, PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), torrent download compatibility, and Bluetooth® upload. Award-winning backup software is included, and RSA® BSAFE® encryption ensures protected installs and upgrades. Supports PC, Mac® and Linux® clients and is VMware® certified for NFS and iSCSI. Available in 2TB, 4TB, and 6TB capacities.
Capacities: 2TB, 4TB, 6TB
Prices: (inclusive of vat)
List: £219, £299, £549
Street: £182-Amazon, £235-Pixmania, £440-PixmaniaLearn more from the Iomega website
The Iomega® StorCenter™ ix2-200 Network Storage, Cloud Edition offers content sharing with advanced security, and is ideal for small and remote offices, and workgroups. Based on enterprise-class EMC® storage technology, the StorCenter ix2-200 provides easy file sharing, iSCSI block access, and multiple RAID configurations for optimized data protection. The Iomega Personal Cloud offers unparalleled simplicity and versatility for data sharing and protection. Business users will appreciate the robust data protection features such as UPS support, print serving, folder quotas, rsync device-to-device replication, and user replaceable drives for business continuity and disaster recovery. The easy-to-use interface provides no-hassle management. Active Directory support and remote access round out the comprehensive business features. The StorCenter ix2-200 supports up to five Axis® IP security cameras for basic video surveillance. Users also benefit from the advanced media features such as the DLNA® certified UPnP® AV Media Server, PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), torrent download compatibility, and Bluetooth® upload. Award-winning backup software is included, and RSA® BSAFE® encryption ensures protected installs and upgrades. Supports PC, Mac® and Linux® clients and is VMware® certified for NFS and iSCSI.
- RAID Support—RAID 1 (mirror) with automatic RAID rebuild. RAID 0 (Stripe) and JBOD mode also available.
- Network File Protocols Supported—CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP.
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with Jumbo frame support and high performance embedded architecture.
- iSCSI target provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
- Ease of Use:
- Simple three step setup – Simply plug into your router, power on, and install the software CD
- User friendly web-based management interface
- Web Interface accessible in 16 supported languages
- Simple Content Sharing:
- Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing.
- Easily share content using the exclusive Iomega® Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. No need to email file attachments.
- Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature – easily select and share your digital pictures on the web.
- File distribution made easy. Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the files attached, or a link to download the files.
- Remote Access:
- Connect securely from anywhere in the world and get full access to pictures, videos, files and administration of the StorCenter ix2-200 through a personalized web address.
- Upload and share files and folders directly from iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ and other mobile devices while on the road.*
- Active Directory Support—functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the StorCenter ix2-200 to utilize the domain users and groups.
- Replication/Device to Device Copy Jobs:
- One touch copying via the QuikTransfer button. Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share – including Iomega Personal Cloud locations – using the rsync or CIFS protocol
- Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network.
- Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule.
- Expandability—Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, or HFS+ formatted drives.
- Data Organization and Access— Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single Iomega StorCenter system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on a StorCenter from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Power Savings—Automatic hard drive spin-down assures the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
- Print Server—Intelligent print sharing capability for up to 3 USB printers connected to the StorCenter ix2-200.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support— Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- System Status— Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- Reporting— Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the StorCenter ix2-200.
- Built in Audio Video Media Server– UPnP™ DLNA Certified—Provides the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices, such as game consoles (Microsoft Xbox® 360, Sony PlayStation® 3), audio bridges, iTunes™ players, picture frames, Iomega ScreenPlay products and more.
- Create shared iTunes™ libraries to provide a central location for your music
- Social Media Sharing Made Easy— Convenient folders that automatically integrate with your social media accounts. Multiple accounts are no problem – just create another folder for each account.
- Facebook— Files dropped into your Facebook folder are automatically uploaded to your Facebook page.
- Flickr— Files dropped into your Flickr folder are automatically added to the designated Flickr photo albumn.
- YouTube— Videos dropped into your YouTube folder are automatically uploaded to your YouTube channel.
- Torrent Download Manager— The Iomega ix2-200 manages peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
- Security Camera— Built in support for up to 5 UPnP (universal plug and play) network cameras by AXIS® and Panasonic to capture and store video without the need of a dedicated PC. IP cameras from other manufacturers can recode to a Share, but are not automatically discovered. Video is encoded as MPEG-4.
- Embedded Axis Video Hosing Solution (AVHS) for local to hosted cloud video storage and management.
- Powerful Backup Functionality:
- Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. Also compatible with today’s most common backup software applications
- Time Machine® Support— Allows Apple® users to easily backup any Mac computers running OS X (10.5 or later) using Time Machine.
- Personal Cloud Backup— Use one of the integrated 3rd party cloud-based storage services such as Amazon S3 or MozyConnect™ Beta to replicate data from your ix2-200 to your public cloud account.
- Public Cloud Backup— Synchronize data between personal cloud member systems and the ix2-200.
- Cloud Disaster Recovery— Utilize two ix2-200 devices in different locations and the Iomega Personal Cloud function to create your own disaster recovery scheme.
- Digital Photography Tools:
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP)— No touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via the USB port.
- Photo Resize— Automatically resize photos to a specified resolution.
- Watermark— Automatically add a watermark of your choosing to photos as they are re-sized.
- Bluetooth® Upload— Upload contacts, photos, and more from a cell phone, pocket PC or BlackBerry phone (Bluetooth USB adapter required, sold separately).
- Total Data Protection:
- Native Security Support— With robust username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
- User Quotas— Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user
- RSA® BSAFE® technology protects installs and upgrades.
- Data Protection Software— Iomega’s full suite of data protection software is available for download. The suite includes; Trend Micro™ Internet Security, Iomega QuikProtect Backup software, and MozyHome™ Online Backup service.
- Software Compatibility—Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers
- Three year limited warranty with product registration within 90 days of purchase
Iomega Personal Cloud
Iomega® Personal Cloud is the revolutionary technology that allows you to protect and share your data. Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter™ network storage devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet. Unlike public and private cloud applications, Iomega’s Personal Cloud technology is completely self-owned – so the content and accessibility is always under your control.
- Synchronization: Users around the globe can sync files directly between computers as though they were on a local network.
- Collaboration: Easily set up a shared workspace so that local and remote users can view and edit documents (spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing documents, for example) – especially useful for helping geographically dispersed workers collaborate.
- Sharing: Sending large files can quickly choke your company’s email system. And e-mailing sensitive files can raise security concerns. Iomega Personal Cloud offers functionality that makes it easy to securely copy and transfer large or confidential files.
- Security: Iomega Personal Cloud allows you to choose who has access to what data by invitation only. And, users can choose from three levels of security when sending data over a public network. At many smaller companies, locally stored files are at risk from theft, fire, software problems, and hardware failure. Cloud storage offers built in redundancy at every level: hard drive, server, and datacenter.
- Low Maintenance: Once the system is set up there is almost no maintenance. You still have to manage user accounts, but jobs like array maintenance and monitoring the health of your data storage simply go away.
- Archiving: Archiving older files to a remote StorCenter frees up space on your primary StorCenter device for day-to-day business needs. Less capacity required for primary storage saves you money.
- Backup: Keeping a redundant copy of your data in an offsite location ensures availability in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Remote backups can run in the background after business hours to eliminate network bottlenecks.
The Iomega® StorCenter™ ix2-200 Network Storage has received the following certifications:
- Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008
- VMware VSphere ESX4 iSCSI and NAS, XenServer 5.5, 5.6 (w/ MPIO), iSCSI & NFS.