SSD’s are becoming more popular, with people using them for their system drives because of their speed. Kingston have a few SSDs on the market and here we take a look at their SSDNOW V+100 drive.
Here is how Kingston describe the SSDNow V+100:
Kingston’s SSDNow V+100 solid-state drives dramatically improve performance with impressive speeds. It makes any user more productive by speeding up boot times and application loads while removing hard drive crashes and other drive failures.
SSDNow V+100 are ideal for demanding corporate environments and for system builders and integrators. It uses a standard SATA interface but unlike a regular hard drive, it’s built with no moving parts. It provides durability and reliability to meet the needs of professionals in the office or on the road. Business travellers in any industry will appreciate its performance gains, as will medical professionals, software developers, video editors, designers, IT workers and law enforcement officials.
SSDNow V+100 feature an independent garbage collection function that maintains a system at optimum performance level. This is especially important for systems running on Windows XP, which doesn’t feature TRIM, and it will also help organizations extend the software cycle on their systems, delaying upgrades of operating systems and compatible applications.
SSDNow is backed by a three-year warranty, live 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston® reliability.
Who are Kingston?
From their website:
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s independent memory leader.
Founded in 1987 with a single product offering, Kingston® now offers more than 2,000 memory products that support nearly every device that uses memory, from computers, servers and printers to MP3 players, digital cameras and mobile phones. In 2010, the company’s sales reached $6.5 billion.
With global headquarters in Fountain Valley, California, Kingston employs more than 4,000 people worldwide. Regarded as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in America” by Fortune magazine, Kingston’s tenets of respect, loyalty, flexibility and integrity create an exemplary corporate culture. Kingston believes that investing in its people is essential, and each employee is a vital part of Kingston’s success.
Kingston serves an international network of distributors, resellers, retailers and OEM customers on six continents. The company also provides contract manufacturing and supply chain management services for semiconductor manufacturers and system OEMs.
- Innovative — uses MLC NAND flash memory components.
- Silent — runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
- Shock-Proof — no moving mechanical parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports S.M.A.R.T functions
- Guaranteed — three-year warranty, live 24/7 tech support
- Form factor — 2.5″
- Interface — SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3.0Gb/s
- Capacities1 — 64 GB, 96 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB
- Dimensions — 69.85 x 100 x 9.5 mm
- Weight — 128 – 151 grams
- Storage temperatures — -40 ~ 85°C
- Operating temperatures — 0 ~ 70°C
- Vibration operating — 2.7G
- Vibration non-operating — 20G
- Sequential Read Throughput — 230 MB/s
- Sequential Write Throughput — 180 MB/s
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score —
- 64 GB – 35,046
96 GB – 34,971
128 GB – 35,073
256 GB – 34,795
512 GB – 34,697
- Power specs — Active – 3.4W (TYP)
Power specs — Idle – 0.05W
- MTBF — 1,000,000 Hrs