Fellow BYOB podcasters Michael Faucher and Michael Martis and I have been talking over the last month about the Restore process for Windows Home Server 2011. We have all had different experiences (successes and failures) with the Windows home Server 2011 Restore so I thought I would video a “textbook” Restore process.
Again, this is a standard Client Restore with no missing drivers or network connectivity issues! Should you ever HAVE to perform a PC Restore it is a simple and easy process. Usually.
Check out the short video to see how easy the process is.
Windows Home Server 2011 Release Candidate
You can download Windows Home Server 2011 at:
The installation of Windows Home Server 2011 has only a few basic requirements.
Windows Home Server 2011 is a 64-bit only operating system.
You can install the server software either manually or unattended.
- 1.4 GHz x64 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- At least one 160 GB (or larger) hard drive
- NTFS is the only supported file system
Supported networking configuration:
- Your server computer must be connected to a router via a network cable
- Windows Home Server works best with a UPnP certified device, but it is not required
- The router works best in the 192.168.x.x subnet, but it is not required
Try Windows Home Server 2011 and download from Connect today!