Windows Home Server 2011 allows you to safely restore files from your scheduled backup files. The restore process is different from WHS v1 and has a new interface. In addition, the automated backup can include your system disk so you can restore your OS. Check out this four minute video on the Restore for Windows Home Server 2011.
Windows Home Server 2011 Folder Share Restore
With WHS 2011, the automated server backup feature will become the cornerstone of your backup strategy. With this backup strategy, running a backup every 30 minutes not only protects your data, it also protects your operating system by giving you points in time to restore your system.
Should you ever NEED to perform a folder restore it is a simple and easy process.
Check out the short video to see how easy the process is.
Windows Home Server 2011 Release Candidate
You can download Windows Home Server 2011 at:Download WHS 2011
The installation of Windows Home Server 2011 has only a few basic requirements.
Windows Home Server 2011 is a 64-bit only operating system.
You can install the server software either manually or unattended.
- 1.4 GHz x64 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- At least one 160 GB (or larger) hard drive
- NTFS is the only supported file system
Supported networking configuration:
- Your server computer must be connected to a router via a network cable
- Windows Home Server works best with a UPnP certified device, but it is not required
- The router works best in the 192.168.x.x subnet, but it is not required
Try Windows Home Server 2011 and download from Connect today!