Here is what FireCore have said about the beta:
We’re proud to announce the release of the second beta version of aTV Flash (black) for the new AppleTV.
A quick rundown of what’s included in beta 2 can be seen below. For full details and a first look at a brand new teaser video please view the full announcement here.
What’s new in beta 2?
- Full support for the AppleTV 4.1 (iOS 4.2.1) software.
- Added Windows compatible installer (requires Windows XP or later)
- Added optimized navigation when using the standard Apple remote
- Added search and url suggestion engine
- Added user-agent toggle setting
- Added streaming support for Australia, Canada, Germany, and New Zealand
- Improved version checking for app downloads
- Improved error handling during installation (no more mysterious password prompts)
- Improved Last.fm scrobbling
- Many additional improvements and bug fixes
How do I get it?
- Current Users – aTV Flash (black) is available as a free upgrade. Download links and any available renewal specials can be found in your account.
New Users – aTV Flash (black) is available for pre-order at a discounted price of $19.95. All pre-orders get instant access to all beta versions as well as the final version once it’s available.
Have you tried it yet? Watch out for the UWHS review soon.