Yesterday FireCore, those guys behind the aTV Flash software for the Apple TV, released a beta for aTV Flash (black) for the 2nd generation Apple TVs.
Here is what FireCore have said about the beta:
At long last we’re proud to announce the release of the first beta version of aTV Flash (black) for the new AppleTV. This version features a number of exciting features, with many more to come. It took a bit longer to complete than anticipated, but it’s a great start to what we hope will be a powerful software suite for the new black AppleTV.
During the beta phase we will be working to improve current features and add new ones, so we would appreciate any feedback you may have. More info on how to submit feedback can be seen near the end of the post.
Read on for more details on what’s included and how to get the beta.
The first version of aTV Flash (black) is compatible with the 4.0 AppleTV software only. The new 4.1 software requires a few adjustments but we plan to have compatible version available soon.
Update: Currently aTV Flash (black) is for Mac only. We plan to have a Windows compatible version within the next few days.
aTV Flash (black) will be available at the discounted discounted price of $19.95 during the beta (pre-order) phase. Once the final version is ready for release the price will return to the normal level of $29.95. The original aTV Flash is also being reduced to $39.95.
What’s in the beta?
- Surf the Web – Experience the web in all its glory and stream HTML5 video from many popular sites (note: not all HTML5 sites supported yet).
- Discover New Music – Find new artists you’ll love by accessing Last.fm radio stations, artist bios and slideshows.
- Plex Client – Stream media from Plex Server running on your Mac. (big thanks to quiqueck for putting this together)
- Info on Demand – Keep track of current weather and news feeds on your AppleTV.
- One-click Updates – Install, remove or update plugins in a snap through the native AppleTV interface.
What’s coming soon?
- Go Beyond iTunes – Enable playback of additional media formats.
- Access Media Anywhere – Stream media from most NAS devices.
- Much, much more…
How do I get it?
- Current Users – aTV Flash (black) is available as a free upgrade. After logging into your account you will have an extra download link for aTV Flash (black). Your normal aTV Flash license and download links will remain unchanged. Additionally any available renewal specials can also be found in your account.
- New Users – aTV Flash (black) is available for pre-order at a discounted price of $19.95. All pre-orders get instant access to the beta.
- Beta Signups – Those that signed up for the beta will be receiving information on how to download and install the beta via email. We’re working hard to get this done ASAP so please be patient.
Have you tried it yet? Watch out for the UWHS review soon.
Apple is a very good company and strongly discourages Apple TV unlock and jailbreaks. I will tell you how I solved this problem, I used a media player app by the name PlayerXtreme. This is a free application, I use it for listening to music, I can look at the images in any format and I also watch movies with it. You can use the chrome cast and air play to play and 3times your Apple TV in 1080p, you can cast a video with better audio quality. In addition, by creating a local network, it will help you to access data from other devices in your home.
Comments are closed.