Group Seven Technology have just released an updated version of their DA Document Manager 2010 add-in for Windows Home Server, bringing it up to version 3.1.105.
Here is the full press release:
OVIEDO, Florida – September 28, 2010 – Group Seven Technology today announced its update release 3.1.105 of DA Document Manager™ 2010 – Windows Home Server Edition is now available. Existing customers will receive download instructions in our special update eNewsletter.
This update incorporates new customer requests and some minor fixes. This update continues in the tradition to provide our customers with the most relevant enhancements while continuing to foster the best tool for the general public’s new embrace of “going paperless” and a “green lifestyle”. We continue to listen in detail to our customer base to add the most requested features to our products.
Some of the new features include:
- Added support that automatically creates backups of modified files and stores them in a new History Folder on the Server
- Added support for new documents to be combined with stored documents. New documents can be pre-pended, appended or can replace an existing document by simply using drag-and-drop from the workspace inbox.
- Added support for searching for text within a PDF
- Users can now remove a password from a password protected document (if the password is known)
- Added support for special foreign language characters like umlauts (alt/älter/am ältesten)
- Added German language support
- Added ability to translate default Category and Subcategory lists between German and English
- Added a number of Auto Fill Form enhancements
- The Scanner Option button in the ribbon toolbar now remembers the selection after restart
- Added print button on the ribbon toolbar for printing search results
- The client PC application now loads much faster
Originally developed in 2004 for private corporations, Digital ArcHound™ Document Manager redesigned for Windows Home Server users since 2007. The new release takes on the new name DA Document Manager as it embraces the latest ribbon technology. Ribbon technology has been made popular by Microsoft Office 2007/2010 including streamlined features with quicker response time and a whole new level of intuitiveness.
“We didn’t want to provide users with just another way to archive documents similar to all of those currently available; we wanted to create a new and relevant process solely with the end-user in mind.” – Glenn Hansen, Group Seven Technology.
DA Document Manager provides businesses and individuals both with a well thought out and versatile document archiving software application that makes a nice compliment to DA Document Manager Internal Viewer, Adobe’s FREE Acrobat Reader or any other PDF viewer setup for the Internet Explorer Browser.
Founded in 1998, Group Seven Technology has pioneered a number of the software innovations, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Digital ArcHound is a trademark of Group Seven Technology, Inc. in the United States of America and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This is my favorite addin. I'm looking forward to seeing it ported to Vail/Aurora.
Comments are closed.