Following on from yesterdays announcement about Sam Woods new Blackbox for WHS add-in for Windows Home Server, Tim has done a video.
Here is how Sam describes Blackbox for WHS:
Tentacle Software Blackbox is a Windows Home Server Add-In that provides in-depth monitoring of motherboard hardware sensors and configurable alerting rules to notify the server administrator when a sensor exceeds a defined threshold.
- Real-time monitoring of supported hardware sensors
- Administrator-defined rules to perform actions based on sensor states, including:
- Log the alert to a file
- Log the alert to the Event Log
- Create a Windows Home Server health notification (that appears in the server health status window)
- Set a fan speed
- Change the system power state (shut down, suspend, hibernate, or restart)
- PWM fan control
You can check out the article from yesterday here.
Anyway, on to the video: